Arm sleeves

gsus03

Banned User
you can tell which guys wear it for an actual purpose and which others wear it to look cool...phiten sleeves are compression sleeves, run about $20 and come in solid colors...I have never worn any of the others I have seen guys have at tournaments, I know the worth majors team some guys have ones with their names on them...don't know if they are actual compression sleeves with a function or just fashion statements

gsus03

Banned User
I played basletball in high school and do not understand the sleeves for basketball players shooting or passing a basketball doesnt put the strain on the muscles like throwing a ball hard...then again I hate the lakers and d howard, I never took 50 shots a game, but maybe that's why kobe has worn one before

bamaboy1626

You need my opinion!!!
it's $40 for both arms.... why not just buy under armor. Stupid people are making people rich off 1/4 of a drifit shirt and some ink to put a cool design on it. Get tattoos or buy underarmor.... phags.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
If I ****ing feel like. Yes I ****ing will. If you do not like it then don't click on the damn tread.

I'm sure Vinci is super proud to have a guy like you rep their company. Yeah, someone was trying to get under your skin, but don't let them. Chill out and be the better man.

To your original question, I wore a compression sleeve on my throwing arm when I tore my bicep.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
The real compression one's like Nike, UA and Phiten that are true tight compression sleeves actually work if you have elbow or arm problems, at least I think they help...

I wear one and have for the last 2 yrs it helps keep my arm warm and cause less pain after a day of throwing it helps with the circulation and keeps the muscle tight and compressed causing less throwing pains. That is why I wear them anyway

Ive been wearing one for 3 years for the benefits of the arm. Less fatigue, helps circulation, and prevents alot of pain. I also cant stand wearing long sleeves when I play, so it helps keep my throwing arm warm.

As far as the "designer" ones, I ordered one with the Worth logo on it (solid navy with the logo in white) and hate it. Theres little to no compression to it and the elastic at the wrist and bicep wore out the first and only time I wore it. The Under Armor ones are the best and even the $10 eastbay ones are really nice.

Teencie

Hank Moody Jr
I wear one sometimes when my arm is hurting, or I have played a bunch of games in a short time period.

ehudmh

Left-Handed Assassin
That article refers to leg compression sleeves, and has no mention of use for pain (shin splints, etc), only issues of efficiency and oxygen consumption...which seems to be a very different issue from what most guys who play softball that wear them deal with.

I wear a compression sleeve for elbow pain, and it's made throwing a lot less painful for me. I, too, go for the solid black, non-flashy version. I tried on one of the tribal skull flashy ones that a buddy has, and it was obviously just for looks. For me, my arms and torso are so long that to get an Under Armor shirt that is long enough for my arm, I have to buy a size too large for the compression to really work. So, compression sleeve it is.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
That article refers to leg compression sleeves, and has no mention of use for pain (shin splints, etc), only issues of efficiency and oxygen consumption...which seems to be a very different issue from what most guys who play softball that wear them deal with.

I wear a compression sleeve for elbow pain, and it's made throwing a lot less painful for me. I, too, go for the solid black, non-flashy version. I tried on one of the tribal skull flashy ones that a buddy has, and it was obviously just for looks. For me, my arms and torso are so long that to get an Under Armor shirt that is long enough for my arm, I have to buy a size too large for the compression to really work. So, compression sleeve it is.

I have one of those sniper sleeves that has the tribal design going on too, although the compression is great, it is a little too flashy for my liking.

KCarroll1

Addicted to Softballfans
I do the same thing. I have the Evoshield one (All black).. Works pretty damn good.:)

I have the same one and agree 100%. Only time I don't wear it now is when it's cold enough to wear under armor. Helps keep the triceps soreness away.

Hawkspurm

Extra Hitter
I have pretty extensive tattoos on both my forearms and I could see how wearing the sleeves could help them from getting tore up in the event of having to slide into a base head first. A lot of $$ to not care about them.