ASA Age Limit?

N.E.HITMAN

Addicted to Softballfans
I looked for a while last night in my rule book and couldnt find anywhere where it said how old you had to be to play Co-ed or Mens. Just wondering if anyone knew or is it just a decision that the league makes?

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
In our league, the only restriction is that if you're under 16, you need your parents to sign a release.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
It's usually a league rule.

If you need information regarding tournaments, read the ASA Code.

Beyond that, I'm just an umpire, and that's not a rule I worry about. :)

Guvna

Buzzing towers
18 for our utrip leagues and ASA around here.

They won't allow you to play if you're still in HS either.

Arce21

Banned User
I've been playing softball since i was 16 but teams really dont say anything. Im 17 rite now but everyone knows me so its all good. But this one team protested the game cuss their pitcher got mad cuss i lazered his punk ass for talking ****, n they said to check my i.d. N **** like that. But other then that no1 really minds

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
Ive been playing in our ASA place since i was 15. For the leagues i played with my dad he was allowed to sign the rosters for me but the others i just didnt sign and everyone knew who i was so i was never questioned. Alot of guys thought it was funny when i finally turned 18 and was like "sweet, this is the first time i can sign the roster for myself"

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
I played in a 21+ beer league when I was 19. I didn't play well enough to draw attention to myself, made sure my face had plenty of stubble on it, and wore sunglasses. IDs were never checked, and I just didn't go to the bar after games.

Flatsfisher

Manager
Its 18 here but I have been playing since I was 16, no one every said anything. It was also a lower level division so know one probable cared anyways.