ASA approves 1.21 bats for seniors

ETDave

Old School
Whoohoo! Now if our league director will go along with it. I guess that being old has one advantage!

hinzy

}}i{{
So a guy on my team that is old enough can swing a 1.21 bat in games? Or is this for ASA senior play?

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
So a guy on my team that is old enough can swing a 1.21 bat in games? Or is this for ASA senior play?

Again, this is not for regular slow pitch. This is for senior slow pitch.

We're not checking IDs in the batter's box.

hinzy

}}i{{
Again, this is not for regular slow pitch. This is for senior slow pitch.

We're not checking IDs in the batter's box.

Why say "again".... I've never asked the question before or ever even heard of it. It was a question and you answered it.

Thanks

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
Don't get all excited yet. I understand that it will be for ASA Tournament play only. We will have to wait till we see the actual written rule. And it still has to be approved by the governing body.

IMO it is a bad idea especially in mixed aged leagues. You are going to need a lot of sharp umps. They have a hard enough time calling balls and strikes now they have to check your batting order and keep track of it to see who is allowed to use the Senior Bats.

RodeoClown

ACCOUNT DELETED
Don't get all excited yet. I understand that it will be for ASA Tournament play only. We will have to wait till we see the actual written rule. And it still has to be approved by the governing body.

IMO it is a bad idea especially in mixed aged leagues. You are going to need a lot of sharp umps. They have a hard enough time calling balls and strikes now they have to check your batting order and keep track of it to see who is allowed to use the Senior Bats.

see post 9

rightsideswine

Banned User
The problem with the ASA committee is that it is majority run by business owners and they do what is in the best interest of their business instead of what is in the interest of players and sponsors that are actually paying to play the game...

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
The problem with the ASA committee is that it is majority run by business owners and they do what is in the best interest of their business instead of what is in the interest of players and sponsors that are actually paying to play the game...

Care to back that statement up, or should I just call it out for the BS that it is right now?