Asa balls suck

The 52/300 balls are fine, they travel as far as any 44cor other than the multi cor balls.

If you could hit it out with 44 cors you will still be able to hit it out with 52s.

No matter what anyone says a shaved bat will hit this ball better than a stock bat. 1.2 bats will hit it better than 98 mph bats (obviously).

We hit the 52/275 Tattoo this weekend for NSA Worlds....ball was great IMO.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Oh god forbid ASA would change the game so hitters actually are required to have power to hit home runs. You could continue to whine or you could hit the gym or maybe take some BP to get better or is whining more fun?

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
I agree these new 52 cor balls are like hitting a wet loaf of bread in a rain storm. Start enforceing the shaved bat rule and we wouldnt have to play with these crappy balls.

How would you like to enforce the "shaved bat rule"? You can not prove it unless you start cutting everyone's bats in half. The new ball is the way to go because now cheaters can basically do what they want to the bats and it gives them very little advantage compared to hitting the old balls.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
How would you like to enforce the "shaved bat rule"? You can not prove it unless you start cutting everyone's bats in half. The new ball is the way to go because now cheaters can basically do what they want to the bats and it gives them very little advantage compared to hitting the old balls.

Please stop making sense, this thread is supposed to be all about whining and complaining, your logic is not welcome here.

DTHOLT#51

Addicted to Softballfans
it was not about whining,it was how do these balls improve the game.nobody can answer that question.i guess when you don't know what to say people just start talking stupid.who on this board can't hit a homerun .apparently you never seen many shaved bats being used because they do hit these low comp. balls better. virtually every team in our league has atleast one,some several.i mean co-ed ,church open league 1-5 div.nsa is full of them as well.i got a question for you why don't you tell on your buddies for using them.i know everybody has a friend who swings one,then you can stop whining and complaining

DTHOLT#51

Addicted to Softballfans
a cuz it's not whining it's fact .the new balls are horrible especially in the heat here in n.c.besides don't you have anything better to do than say the same thing over and over. by the way i haven't struck out all year atleast not swinging

DTHOLT#51

Addicted to Softballfans
are you serious ,crazy or stoned. the balls obviously don't travel as far or as fast that was the bogus reason asa gave for using them ,and they are right.really...

it was not about whining,it was how do these balls improve the game.nobody can answer that question.i guess when you don't know what to say people just start talking stupid.who on this board can't hit a homerun .apparently you never seen many shaved bats being used because they do hit these low comp. balls better. virtually every team in our league has atleast one,some several.i mean co-ed ,church open league 1-5 div.nsa is full of them as well.i got a question for you why don't you tell on your buddies for using them.i know everybody has a friend who swings one,then you can stop whining and complaining

which brand are you using? Ive used the dudley Hycons and think they are great. Tattoos and Evils are good as well.

the infield hops are bad, but the cor and comp is supposed to reduce injuries if the ball hits a human head...at least thats what im told.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!

You obviously have no idea what your talking about. Just this weekend z1000 and 52 275 tattoo ball a hr went 400+. You go ahead and think your shaved bats hit these balls better but there is science behind the ball design and why they settled on this ball. The science is also why there is a chance that some tournies in MN will test this ball with swinging ASA or USSSA legal sticks because the gap between there performance is very minimal with this ball and that difference is also still safe.

Per request I might have to go ahead and stop making sense of this.

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
We had the opposite happen here with the hycor classic +. There were so many DBOs I'm surprised the director didn't run out of balls. Guys I never see hit HRs were easily hitting these balls out.

What I noticed as well. The hot dot balls exploded off the bats like super balls. We played in 105 degree heat and these balls really flew. There was more hrs instead of less.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar

wambulance0eo2sf.jpg

DTHOLT#51

Addicted to Softballfans
northwest ,Mn, no humidity,apparently you don't know much about the game.when did you guys start playing?next time you play in a tournament and have a choice of balls you go ahead and get those low comp. balls that hit so good...yeah right

You obviously have no idea what your talking about. Just this weekend z1000 and 52 275 tattoo ball a hr went 400+. You go ahead and think your shaved bats hit these balls better but there is science behind the ball design and why they settled on this ball. The science is also why there is a chance that some tournies in MN will test this ball with swinging ASA or USSSA legal sticks because the gap between there performance is very minimal with this ball and that difference is also still safe.

Per request I might have to go ahead and stop making sense of this.

I strongly disagree...from first hand experience and probably hitting these balls 1000+ times I can tell you a usssa bat will significantly out hit asa bats when hitting the 52s.

Joker

northwest ,Mn, no humidity,apparently you don't know much about the game.when did you guys start playing?next time you play in a tournament and have a choice of balls you go ahead and get those low comp. balls that hit so good...yeah right

this guy is funny, keep him around

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar

Me personally I would choose launch 650s over the 52/300 ball. :rolleyes:

Seriously stop whining already, ASA went with this ball because they did research that it would make the game safer. Neither ASA nor anyone on this board cares that you are upset because you can no longer go yard with your shaved bats.

DTHOLT#51

Addicted to Softballfans
i don't think you guys comprehend very well so i will give up ,for now.i have been called alot worse than funny.seriously i have only used a shaved bat twice in my entire career,probably because i like to brag a little.it;s kinda hard when you are not legit.i'm going to swing a mizuno rage tonight i heard they work well with the new ball

RadCon10

Hibernating Up North
i don't think you guys comprehend very well so i will give up ,for now.i have been called alot worse than funny.seriously i have only used a shaved bat twice in my entire career,probably because i like to brag a little.it;s kinda hard when you are not legit.i'm going to swing a mizuno rage tonight i heard they work well with the new ball

Oh, well since it's "only twice" then it's ok:rolleyes:

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
You got it... There is 0 humidity in MN...... This ball benefits the person who can actually hit the sweet spot and middle of the ball. If just this weekend our 5'7 140 pound SS hit his first ever homerun hitting this ball I thinks it's fine.

DTHOLT#51

Addicted to Softballfans
i am very impressed with your stats.you must be a legend in Mn.if you have a choice of balls chose the low comp. balls,good as you are it might make it fair.rhound50,radcon10 start telling on your friends for using them.don't tell me you don't know anybody who swings them.it's not just here in N.C..stop being a hypocrite and start pointing people out.i have taken 2 swings in my career with a shaved bat .it doesn't bother me what anybody uses it's their business.

Gulf Coast Blue

Addicted to Softballfans
just hit the newly required low comp. ball last night.they are lighter,bounce more and probably travel 30 ft.less than the previous ball which wasn't very good either.our ad. said he was trying to level the playing field which was stupid.it takes the fun out of the game for the marginal players who can;t hit to start with.the guys using the shaved bats are going to be that much more obvious and if anything it will prompt others to shave theirs as well.i just don't understand how it helps the game.if you hit the ball square it does not travel. you have to spin it to get any distance.the guys missing the ball looked better than those hitting it in the mouth.someone explain how this makes the game better

The .52/300 is not the only ball allowed by ASA.

Also, did you know that USSSA was the first org. to certify a .52/275 ball?

Joel