ASA bat similar to Freak, besides F98

mak2782

Addicted to Softballfans
I know, newb question but I have tried to search for this question and found no answers.

I have an Original Miken Freak for when I played Utrip and now play exclusively asa. Need to get another bat and want one that has similar swing characteristics to the freak I have as I love the way it swings (i.e. slight enload, feel off the bat and weight @ 28 oz.)

SO I guess I am asking for any recommendations on your favorite asa bat that has as many similarities (obviously not gonna have the same pop)

Probably also going to be selling/trading my freak also. Too bad as its just barely broken in too.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations all.

scaramanga82

The Veteran
The 08 reaper hits like the f98. Personally between the 2 the f98 will be way cheaper and easier to get your hands on. I think the performance of the reaper has a slight advantage, but cost difference is very big.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
Recoil is way different from the Freak IMO. Maniac 484 is gonna be the next closest behind the Freak 98. The Rush is also supposed to be a damn good stand-in.

kidcatty

"Life's a garden..Dig it"
The 08 reaper is great bat, but it has a small sweetspot, not many players can hit the reaper. The rush98 is the same as the freak 98 both great bats. If you can get a maxload recoil I think that would be a good choice if you something different than miken and want a one piece try a easton salvo. Its a very under rated stick.