ASA bats/balls

Walms

I play in an Ortho league that requires ASA stamp on our bats and we have been using Dudley Sp12 47/375 for the past 10 years or so. We have noticed lots of broken bats this year and after doing some research im told ASA bats are meant for 52/300 balls.
Im going to bring it up at our league meeting tonight and talk about potentially switching to 52/300.
My question is, if we DONT change balls, will bats with both the ASA and USSSA stamps be the better choice for durability? My KP23 has broken twice lol

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Any easton bat made from 2015 and prior, as well as a few others from around 2015, and definitely any bats easton or otherwise with the old ASA stamp if allowed in your league. And yes as you mention op any current dual/ multi stamp bats will be the best options for your situation

Last edited:

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Anything double wall/gap tech/ non linear is going to break with those balls quicker, current dual stamp, linear bats will hold up, demarini juggy, mercy, future, legacy, etc, virtually all pre 2015 bats that didn’t have gap tech will do fine, Easton’s especially

Walms

Any easton bat made from 2015 and prior, as well as a few others from around 2015, and definitely any bats easton or otherwise with the old ASA stamp if allowed in your league. And yes as you mention op any current dual/ multi stamp bats will be the best options for your situation
Yes we need either the 2004 ASA stamp or the 2013 ASA stamp

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes we need either the 2004 ASA stamp or the 2013 ASA stamp
Well then the older the better for you.. an old juggy ssr2 srv3 etc will smash and last longer than anything newer.. and of course any dual/multi stamp new or older will suffice

MAT25MAT

Addicted to Softballfans
We used to use sb12’s if they aren’t team bats, and guys buy their own you will get a season out of most bats. I used the flippers but when I played a few nights and Sunday mornings I used to brake 2 a year.. the sb12 is a cork center ball so not extremely hard and softens later In the game, so if your playing one night a week and use your own bat get a flipper (2015 my favorite)

Walms

Best 52/300 balls? I ordered a dozen Dudley Thunder Heat leathers and brought them to our league meeting. Tattoo nx3 on their way. Looking online it sounds like these are good choices am I right?

Walms

Will dual stamp bats hit the 52/300's just as well as JUST the ASA stamp? Or how does that work?

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Will dual stamp bats hit the 52/300's just as well as JUST the ASA stamp? Or how does that work?
Some will say yes some will say no.. some have said certain dual stamps hit just as good and better than some of their asa bats.. imo once well broken in the difference is probably minimal they all say they are made to perform well with either type/s of ball

Walms

And if we switch to 52/300 will the older ASA bats not perform as well meaning people will need to buy newer bats?

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
And if we switch to 52/300 will the older ASA bats not perform as well meaning people will need to buy newer bats?
Same as my previous statement , everyone will have their opinion, mine will be yes, a well broken in old stamp will perform very well with 52's

Walms

Assuming these are the bat standards we go by, is it weird to use 52/300 balls without the 2013 ASA stamp.? I'm under the impression 52/300 are meant for the 2013 ASA stamp.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190906-121744.png
    Screenshot_20190906-121744.png
    415.8 KB · Views: 8

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes new stamp bats are made for 52's but most if not all old stamp bats perform very well with 52's also