ASA bats with USSSA balls?

Softball.com:

sportwarrior

Addicted to Softballfans
Alright guys, I'm sort of a novice when it comes to differentiating different softball types and what not, so I really am not sure what the definitive answer is to this question.

I'm in a USSSA league that is open to all bats, ASA or USSSA. I'm about to punch the order button on an Aftermath USA ASA bat, but I want to make sure the thing is going to perform as well with USSSA softballs as it will in my ASA league. Is that a dumb question?

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Alright guys, I'm sort of a novice when it comes to differentiating different softball types and what not, so I really am not sure what the definitive answer is to this question.

I'm in a USSSA league that is open to all bats, ASA or USSSA. I'm about to punch the order button on an Aftermath USA ASA bat, but I want to make sure the thing is going to perform as well with USSSA softballs as it will in my ASA league. Is that a dumb question?

There are no dumb questions...........Just dumb people who ask questions.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
Should be no difference. The Classic + is 52/275 and the ASA is 52/300 if you are comparing the 52's

coldengineer

Star Player
Cold Engineer's USSSA league uses a Classic M or something, a .40/325?

What's the standard? Cold Engineer must know!

TRaj2327

The CL22 will be better suited for the Classic M (40/325) since it is harder. It will also swing nearly identical to the Aftermath you were looking at and has the same length barrel/endload/etc. Barrel feel will be a little different.

If it is a Classic Plus 52/275 or 52/300 then you will be fine with the Aftermath. Either ball, regardless of the ASA or USSSA stamp, will be just fine for the USA AM you speak of.

You might also want to consider the other leagues you play in. If you only really have USSSA by you then buying an ASA bat for one USSSA league may not be wise. Of course if you only play this one league, then you may have your answer. Either bat option is fine.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
The CL22 will be better suited for the Classic M (40/325) since it is harder. It will also swing nearly identical to the Aftermath you were looking at and has the same length barrel/endload/etc. Barrel feel will be a little different.

If it is a Classic Plus 52/275 or 52/300 then you will be fine with the Aftermath. Either ball, regardless of the ASA or USSSA stamp, will be just fine for the USA AM you speak of.

You might also want to consider the other leagues you play in. If you only really have USSSA by you then buying an ASA bat for one USSSA league may not be wise. Of course if you only play this one league, then you may have your answer. Either bat option is fine.
Agreed with all of this. Durability may be suspect with the AM if using a classic M. Especially as the weather cools off. But if you're hitting a classic plus go ahead and order up. Dunno where you're ordering from, but check with SBF Jake for some good pricing on a lot of bats from the store.