ASA certified Synergy bats???

bmoses121

Extra Hitter
Are there any Synergy bats that are still allowed in ASA leagues anymore? I was pitching in an ASA League, the team was using a synergy. I asked the ump to check the bat to see if it was legal, the ump was not familiar with the new Synergy changes and offered that either team could play under protest. Afterwords I looked for any ASA approved Synergy bats and I could not find a list of any that are still approved, only ones that are now banned. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
quite frankly,

that they are banned is complete BS so i don't say anything. until we had some old guy whine about us having a 17 yr old. he umps baseball and knows that kid plays some hs league where you can't be 18 to play in it. so he's like, either he's 17 and can't play hree or he's 18 and can't play there. the kid was subbing and we had to play with 9 instead. I proceeded to call out scn4's, 5's and 7's that they all were swinging….everytime up to bat, can't use it, its banned, that’s the RULES. I know all those guys too and have played with them for years, but they knew exactly what I was doing and were super pissed at their coach (the old guy)

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
He also forgot the Synergy FP bats that are still legal, so it's an even larger list. The entire Reveal/Clarity and Speed lines are all gtg.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
quite frankly,

that they are banned is complete BS so i don't say anything.

Agreed. I probably wouldn't say anything either. There are a lot of new bats that are just as hot or hotter. And I know that some that still use them only use them because they bought it when it was new and have been using it for years and they don't feel the need to buy a new one since they last forever. Really the only times I would say anything if it was a non-ASA bat that was being used. Heck, I don't even care that much about the ones on the non-approved list except maybe the Ultras.....

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
He also forgot the Synergy FP bats that are still legal, so it's an even larger list. The entire Reveal/Clarity and Speed lines are all gtg.

Come on, everyone knows you can't use FP bats is SP :rolleyes:

But yea, unless it is a 1b, 2b, 4b, 5b, 6b, 7b, or 8b, it is GTG.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
Agreed. I probably wouldn't say anything either. There are a lot of new bats that are just as hot or hotter. And I know that some that still use them only use them because they bought it when it was new and have been using it for years and they don't feel the need to buy a new one since they last forever. Really the only times I would say anything if it was a non-ASA bat that was being used. Heck, I don't even care that much about the ones on the non-approved list except maybe the Ultras.....

yeah i saw a guy get called out for his old SB34 last year. it was pretty hilarious.

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, that was a stupid money move by Easton. Left the Speed line intact, which is just as hot, if not hotter than the Stealth/OG Synergy line.

Wouldn't be surprised in the next year or two that Easton does that to those lines as well. I have to thank them for doing that because I was going to buy an Extended or Flex this past offseason, and it prompted me to shop around, which I finally settled on the Boombah Boss. Best $100 NIW bat ever made, IMO.

It ain't the prettiest bat, but you should see the looks on the faces of the guys who are swinging $200-300 pretty-boy Demarini/Miken bats after smoking the ball and then telling them the bat costs only $100.

LoveyPSU

Sorry, wrong trajectory
Im dumb.....
It's all good, my friend. I didn't know there were additions to the ASA banned list until two weeks ago. The guy didn't care (I was still using my SCX3), but was kind enough to tell me about them in a polite way after the games were over.