ASA D East National Columbus, OH

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
No hate here. We shat the bed out there this weekend. I realized after I posted that I think I played against Condo when he was with Wagner Farms when I was on Universe Auto. His sig looked weird and had some unusual 'do really well in C and then move down to D' things so I questioned it. Still don't understand the PA rankings system. These teams like RAC that can bounce back and forth between classes and still win are all pretty shady.

No worries. I said the same thing about his sig but remember age can sometimes be a factor in a player moving down....I know this b/c I'm old now :( But honestly, probably 10 of the top 12 teams should be C teams and there were probably 3-5 others that you could make an argument for that had ba ddraws and didn't finish up there. Just the way it goes. Only 1 team can win it all and that team will be more scrutinized than every other team. If they really held the States accountable for that, there would be an actual C program in most places....but ASA's ranking/appeal process is a little comical.

Condo

Addicted to Softballfans
No hate here. We shat the bed out there this weekend. I realized after I posted that I think I played against Condo when he was with Wagner Farms when I was on Universe Auto. His sig looked weird and had some unusual 'do really well in C and then move down to D' things so I questioned it. Still don't understand the PA rankings system. These teams like RAC that can bounce back and forth between classes and still win are all pretty shady.

No problem what so ever. We have definately played against each other over the years in trenton,belmar and branford. I know my signature is causing too many problems but i will try to help you understand it as shortly as possible. In 2006 my wagner team broke up because of too many egos after the winner bracket finals but before the finals at the state tournament. I took a pick up team to SSAA and won, not sure how. Then in 2009 my Wagner/torco team broke up in July again because of too many egos - then i took a pick up team to USSSA C and finished second. That team had 6 guys from the Bullshipper/Deluxe/TNT who are no longer with us. In 2010 i didnt run a team and played with MCC and we won D states. In 2011 i put a Torco team together and won the C state in pa (13 teams). C states in Pa is for D teams who intend to go to D nationals and qualify based upon the national standard of 3 or less C rated players. The goal in Pa is to have as many teams play as possible and if the better teams play up in state more lower teams may play. Our roster only has 3 players who are Class C everyone else is D so we are eligible to play D nationally.

Last edited:

Condo

Addicted to Softballfans
That's alright was my first time playing any kind of major asa tournament.. my team decided to tell me right before we were taking the field that I had to go to the other fields sign in and get my bats tested... condo how'd you like that strike zone the ump was giving when we played you guys? I was the pitcher with the mask when you played boneyard and blew us out...

Swishi16 - he may have been the worst plate umpire we saw the entire weekend. he wouldnt call illegal until the ball hit the ground. I want to apologize i hit a few balls in the 6 hole that were pretty hot. then he called a strike on me that was just stupid and i ended up hitting one back through the box. i dont like to do that but at that point i couldnt trust the umpire and didnt want to go down looking. i am just glad it didnt hit you. i apologize

swish16

What goes here?
Swishi16 - he may have been the worst plate umpire we saw the entire weekend. he wouldnt call illegal until the ball hit the ground. I want to apologize i hit a few balls in the 6 hole that were pretty hot. then he called a strike on me that was just stupid and i ended up hitting one back through the box. i dont like to do that but at that point i couldnt trust the umpire and didnt want to go down looking. i am just glad it didnt hit you. i apologize

Don't be sorry... no reason to be that might have been the one off my.glove that I.should.have had.. middles part of.the game and when you have strike zones like.I saw all weekend I'm surprised I didn't see more middle shots.. throw a fast ball.for a strike then throw the same thing.and its a ball.. throw a curveball that lands less then a foot behind.the plate and its a ball .. wtf! Haha you guys hit.the hell out.of.the ball didn't help when we gave you 10 outs... the games we won we won because of.our.D till our bats woke up late in the game... against you guys we just didn't make.any.of the plays on defense kind of sad that we played 5 or 6 games and of the 10-12 umpires we saw I can only.say maybe 1 or 2 were good umpires..

Thepiehouse

Funny saying
I've played for Voodoo for a long time. I can tell you this, they wil, beat you with aluminum as well. Most of the guys who play were winning tournaments and finishing Among the top swinging PST'S and Richs superiors. The average age of voodoo is somewhere near 44. When we finished 2nd at D national in Minnesota 2009 6 guys were 43+ we had one "young" kid who was 22 the rest are in the 30s. Basically I'm just saying we've been at this for a long time.

I can account for Keyhole as he played with PIEHOUSE and is B hitter with E fielding. scoop and I have played together on many teams I'm pretty sure his bats are all shaved. ;)

Regarding C teams winning D tournaments...yes it happens and to be the top of your class you have to be ready to go to the next highest. Which Voodoo did after 2009, going 2-2 at C nationals and 0-2 the following year. They played all year in 2011 at D NSA and won D state, D regional and went 4-2 at Super world.

Keyhole

You're ****ing out!
I feel like my fielding has been upgraded to "E Elite". Ask Scoop...held it down at 3rd this weekend ;)

Scoop21

Addicted to Softballfans
Well, he was 1.000. 2 for 2. One liner (hellofa play) and one grounder that almost had me killed. Condo was running down the line (not a fan of 300lbs coming right at me) Thanks ...hole, I mean Keyhole

Condo

Addicted to Softballfans
Well, he was 1.000. 2 for 2. One liner (hellofa play) and one grounder that almost had me killed. Condo was running down the line (not a fan of 300lbs coming right at me) Thanks ...hole, I mean Keyhole

This 300lber runs like he is 285!

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
No problem what so ever. We have definately played against each other over the years in trenton,belmar and branford. I know my signature is causing too many problems but i will try to help you understand it as shortly as possible. In 2006 my wagner team broke up because of too many egos after the winner bracket finals but before the finals at the state tournament. I took a pick up team to SSAA and won, not sure how. Then in 2009 my Wagner/torco team broke up in July again because of too many egos - then i took a pick up team to USSSA C and finished second. That team had 6 guys from the Bullshipper/Deluxe/TNT who are no longer with us. In 2010 i didnt run a team and played with MCC and we won D states. In 2011 i put a Torco team together and won the C state in pa (13 teams). C states in Pa is for D teams who intend to go to D nationals and qualify based upon the national standard of 3 or less C rated players. The goal in Pa is to have as many teams play as possible and if the better teams play up in state more lower teams may play. Our roster only has 3 players who are Class C everyone else is D so we are eligible to play D nationally.

Were you with MCC when they came to VA and won BRONZE (E) Nationals in Softball Nation last year?