ASA league going by ISA bat list

jimjones

Banned User
ok so for some reason our asa league that has used the asa bat list since the league started, decided to change it and go by the isa bat list in the fall. i am not familiar with isa at all and nobody on the team is either. whats the difference. are there any bats on the isa list that we should be looking to get, will our asa bats be just fine. any info would be helpful

Tymntgmry

Addicted to Softballfans
http://isasoftball.com/approved-equipment.html

ISA approves bats that are rated 100+ mph, there is a difference. Bassically any USSSA bat is legal. My league switched from ASA to ISA this spring. I used to use nothing but Z1000's, but when we switched we switched to the 44/375 balls and I have found I get better results with the OG Mikens. Right now my gamer is an OG MV1 but I my Psycho SE is heating up. All that said it depends on the ball in my opinion. If your using 52/300 or 52/275 I'd go with a UTRIP Z, anything harder I'd go with an old school UTRIP bat.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Is it ISA rules too? Just wondering because I recently found out that ISA doesn't allow men to use "fastpitch" (or women to use slowpitch bats depending on how you interpret the rule) bats.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Rule 4 - Equipment
Section 1; official bat
L. Bats that were manufactured and/or marketed to a specific group of players can only be used in that division of play.
2. Fast pitch bats cannot be used in adult slow pitch play.

seaside12179

Addicted to Softballfans
You can use better bats now if they allow ISA approved bats. Pretty much anything Utrip approved ISA approved. If your using ASA bats you will be at a disadvantage.

whogotz

dilligaf?
You can use better bats now if they allow ISA approved bats. Pretty much anything Utrip approved ISA approved. If your using ASA bats you will be at a disadvantage.

Disadvantage yes, but if you can place it on the ground through an infield hole, or drop a liner in 100-125 feet consistently, then no point in spending $$$$.