ASA Raw Power Series Reviews

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
ASA Only Raw Power Series
Note: In 2013 Easton began marketing their bats as endloaded up to 3oz+ endloads. The marketing scheme was a 26oz has 1oz el, and the el increased as the weight of the bat went up. In my experience, there is no difference in swing weights of the Easton’s past. Easton does not use rods in the handle for weighting. Also for 2013 all model bats with an “L” are endloaded and will have stripes on the end of the barrel. The balanced bats have a “B” in the model number with stripes in the middle of the barrel. All bats manufactured for ASA are designed to hit the 52/300 ball. Hitting harder balls, especially below 70°F will result in cracking of the outer shell and not even breaking in the actual main composite in the barrel. Take the time to break the bat in correctly with Evil BP 52/300’s. You can hit those in any temps.

SP13L4
This is the 2013 Brett Helmer signature ASA bat. The L4 is a 1 piece, 12” barrel with an endload. The weighting is the same as the SRV3BH and SRV6BH. The bat is good right out of the wrapper but does take BP to really open up. The sweet spot is out on the end and this bat has a really stiff feel until it breaks in. It will hit the harder balls well, but again I caution to watch the temps. Also try to limit your consecutive swings. The bat does actually heat up and will last longer if you rotate it in and out during BP.

SP13L6
This is the 2013 replacement of the Salvo line. The L6 is a 12” barrel and an endload. Again it is much like the L4 except the barrel takes a little longer to open up in my experience. Stiff bat with crazy good pop once it is fully broken in. This is the 2013 Easton Slow –Pitch best bang for your buck.

SP13B3
This is a balanced 13.5” barrel bat. This bat is marketed as balanced but many will say it feels like a slight endload. Part of the reason for that is because the barrel is bigger IMO. The B3 follows the same durability protocol as the L4 and L6 but is a softer barrel right out of the wrapper and requires less BP to feel really broken in. The 2 piece design takes the sting out of the feedback on mis-hit balls and the 13.5” barrel ensures less mis-hit balls overall. This is my gamer for this season.

I updated my review thread with this info as well, but thought this might be less reading for some. Questions, comments, concerns?

Thanks for your input, I always like reading what you have to say. Is the only difference between the 4 and the 6 the handle? If so does it even make a noticable difference? It seems like the 6 is getting more love than the 4, which you think would be the other way around according to the price tag....

Dieselmike

Addicted to Softballfans
I think the reason for the L6 getting more love than the L4 is strictly the price tag. Having swung both next to each other the 4 is the better stick but the 6 is a solid performer for 100 bucks less.

Chubby_43

I have two L4's and two L6's... Which would you choose as your new gamer? How does the L4 compare to last years 98H

fives55

Addicted to Softballfans
Not an Easton guy, but have a SRV4 and got a L6 blem for $119. L6 seems to have a lot of flex in the handle. But have 500 swings on it and no cracks, using 52's,44/375, and a few thunder advance. Game ready now. But not close to distance of Monsta with 52's.

Like the smaller knob and thin handle.

LuckyMatthews

I have two L4's and two L6's... Which would you choose as your new gamer? How does the L4 compare to last years 98H

Whichever one I had more swings on. ;)

Not an Easton guy, but have a SRV4 and got a L6 blem for $119. L6 seems to have a lot of flex in the handle. But have 500 swings on it and no cracks, using 52's,44/375, and a few thunder advance. Game ready now. But not close to distance of Monsta with 52's.

Like the smaller knob and thin handle.

I can't take you seriously anymore after that.^^^

fives55

Addicted to Softballfans
I can't take you seriously anymore after that.^^^
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This must mean then at some point you did take me serious.

Just having some fun. Monsta is a serious contender for the best 52 ball only bat.
Wish there was a TPS,Miken,Demo guy like you who knows their line of bats top to bottom like you do. Good stuff. Too hard to keep track of all the bats. Keep the info coming.

LuckyMatthews

Yeah, life has got busy but I owe it to the EastonNation to get the reviews out there since I have been blessed with the opportunity to hit them all extensively.

TZ BIG BOY

3rd baseman's nightmare
L4 knob size

I am swinging a salvo comp 98. I love the small knob. I was considering getting an L6 till I saw the big knob on it. Does the L4 have the bigger knob or the smaller one like the previous line? Lmk.

ctothehris

Addicted to Softballfans
How many hits does the L6 take to get scary good? We are still using the 44's but it is 100+ here..

Chubby_43

You have both..... figure it out

Gee thanks Richard... What if I don't want to take plastic off the L6's or the L4's... I can't swing 6 bats at once..

I am glad there are amazing people like you on the board to help people out...

And have a nice day