ASA to move to 1.20BPF bat standard

usssa is changing its performance standard correct? IMO, based on nothing, the associations are moving toward toning down the bats and implementing the 52 cor ball.

The 98mph/abi standard might be gone in name, but we aren't going to see bats as hot as the current 1.2 bats out there. Why else would usssa only have a year of grandfathering? They want the hot sticks out of the game.

Joker

usssa is changing its performance standard correct? IMO, based on nothing, the associations are moving toward toning down the bats and implementing the 52 cor ball.

The 98mph/abi standard might be gone in name, but we aren't going to see bats as hot as the current 1.2 bats out there. Why else would usssa only have a year of grandfathering? They want the hot sticks out of the game.

USSSA has specifically stated they won't go away from the 1.20 BPF standard

because the current bats exceed the 1.20 BPF standard once broken in

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster

No...they are just doing what ASA did a couple years ago and making (trying to make anyway) the bats not be able to break in past a certain point and requested the manufacturers try to make the bats more tamper-proof.

When it's all done, there would have been two full years of grandfathering. The difference between ASA and Utrip is that Utrip is disallowing any bats made "pre-abi". Why? Well, there are lots of reasons, but a big one is because they get $$ for every new bat that needs to be tested

Country35

Banned User
No...they are just doing what ASA did a couple years ago and making (trying to make anyway) the bats not be able to break in past a certain point and requested the manufacturers try to make the bats more tamper-proof.

When it's all done, there would have been two full years of grandfathering. The difference between ASA and Utrip is that Utrip is disallowing any bats made "pre-abi". Why? Well, there are lots of reasons, but a big one is because they get $$ for every new bat that needs to be tested

ding ding ding petey pablo is our winner

badkarmasd

SEND IT!
Here in So Cal, our league is ran by Major League Softball. The League Director switched balls this year to .40/275 with an ASA STAMP! These balls are soft and you're pretty much playing in on everyone.

Hazate

Composite bat hater....
I have heard all summer long that SPN in Canada is going swing what you bring next year and the ball will be like hitting a wet sock.

teedub

Banned User
I have heard all summer long that SPN in Canada is going swing what you bring next year and the ball will be like hitting a wet sock.

This is some what true...We were hitting a worth Hot Dot for tourneys this year and asa bats...Balls still fly if you hit them square and the weather isn't that warm.

In the warm weather, yes it'll be hitting a wet sock.

Cole4088

Addicted to Softballfans
Usssa is changing standards too 1.15.. look up the new combat bats on ********.com. the pics show the new stamps.

Cole4088

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm a dumb noob.. here are the new stamps... still 1.20
********.com/mobile/product/combat-avarice-usssa--avarsp1-slow-pitch/14589/

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
I'm hearing this is picking up momentum at a state level.

MO has adopted it, using .44/275 balls or the last state tourney was this way. (so I was told by a participant)

I wonder how much of this is local leagues using NSA bats with ASA rules...

********************UPDATE*************************

So i wasn't completely correct with my interpration of hear say:

cjs_82 said:
pjordan4477 said:
I mentioned that ASA might go to the 1.20 BPF with .44/275 balls last thursday, and I swear you told me you played in a tourney in MO that already made the change. A State Tourney at that.

I haven't played in a tourney where they have made the switch yet, but several of my friends have, all in MO. None of them were the state tourney though. A lot of leagues in MO have already switched to the new ball. I think its actually a 40 core 275 comp.

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
ASA 300 lbs balls...ha

Red Colored Marking & Stamp
Max 300 lbs
Max .47 cor

Black Colored Marking & Stamp
Max 300 lbs
Max .44 cor

Blue Colored Marking & Stamp
Max 300 lbs
Max .40 cor

New (2011) Green Colored Marking & Stamp
Max 300 lbs/
Max .52 cor

Didn't see a 275 listed in ASA .52/275 being an NSA ball.

Last edited:

snacks

So we can stop second guessing what I and others have already said.

asaball.jpg

Rich4863

Combat Ho
I had practice this weekend and brought some .52 275 Trump Stotes. The balls still fly when you hit it right, but ground balls took some of the wierdest hops Ive ever seen. The fly balls, I wouldnt say they knuckle, but the ball does move around a bit. I dont have a problem with switching to this ball if they keep the bat standards the same.