ASA Tourney, Atsugi July 6-7

Judd 5/4

Addicted to Softballfans
Straight double elimination beginning Friday evening. Will conclude Saturday when bracket runs its course. Entry fee= zero.

Judd 5/4

Addicted to Softballfans
Great tourney. Best tourney in awhile.

I completely agree Drizz. This is a step in the right direction for these local tournies. Great to see Yokosuka (2 teams), Zama, and a local intramural team beefed up by adding Jeff L. and some Yokota fellas. Congrats to Zama for pulling off the double dip (and for beating the Jokers when trailing by one entering the 7th inning the game prior).
1-Zama
2-USS BLR (Hitmen)
3-Atsugi Jokers
4-Samurai
5-Filthy (Yoko)
6-BMC Atsugi
7-Camp Fuji
8-Security. Complete no show, thanks for locking up one of only 8 available slots and then cheezing out!:mad:

hoffm1179

Manager
Thanks for all those that put this one together. This was my 1st taste of tourney action, and man was it a wakeup call! Paul from Yoko was nice/desperate enough to invite me to come out and play with his guys. Definitely a step up from regular league play, but I had fun... Just wish we could have won a game or 2, but definitely think I caught the bug, so cant wait to get the chance to get in on another!

DrizzyD

Manager
Judd... I thick i was talking to Mac or Scotie and they said you guys are hosting a tourney for labor day. Yokota wont be able to do the Kanto Kup this year due to budget issues. Do you think we can move it to Atsugi... Just for this year of course. Let me know. I will help out

scrilla 00

Starting Player
Judd 5/4, I'm scrilla 00 the first baseman on the Camp Zama Team we would like to thank you guys for hosting that tournment as we are now starting up a team over here on our side and maybe in the future hosting a tournment as well over here at Camp Zama.

Dwol

Definitely a well run tournament and some very good competition...looking forward to future contests...zama 3rd base

Judd 5/4

Addicted to Softballfans
Judd... I thick i was talking to Mac or Scotie and they said you guys are hosting a tourney for labor day. Yokota wont be able to do the Kanto Kup this year due to budget issues. Do you think we can move it to Atsugi... Just for this year of course. Let me know. I will help out

Drizz- This is not GTG. Thought we were gearing up for the Kanto at Yokota (got clearance from the wife 3-4 nights at Yokota and everything:rolleyes:) there is currently no Atsugi tournament scheduled for Labor day. Don't know that the Kanto at Atsugi would work out since there will be a tourney here next month involving some post/pre deployment teams. MWR will balk, but I'll try to sell.

Zama- nice team you got there for a start-up. Glad you came out and had some fun. You want a tournament? How about Kanto Kup over Labor Day weekend?

If the August tournament (Atsugi) turns out to be OPEN, I will put it out.

scrilla 00

Starting Player
Judd- Thanks but will have to get back to you on that one I know our MWR was talking about holding a tournment over here in Sept but have to find out when that is. Now does it have to be labor day weekend?

DrizzyD

Manager
Damn it... How do i get some MWR support. I will start talking with leadership to see if i can make Kanto at Yokota happen.

I believe... i believe... i believe

Chubby_43

LOL.. Drizzy..

Wish I could have stayed for Saturday.. Mission calls sometimes though..

Judd keep us posted.. Would love to come back down in August to play again..It would be nice to play a few games on Bandy field though.. Ranger is just a little too small..

Zama guys..It was nice to see you guys field a team.. It has been sometime since you guys had one.. Maybe we can just throw something together... Either at Yokota, Atsugi, Zama or Yokosuka to get the Kanto league going again.. Or just to get out there and play...

Last edited:

scrilla 00

Starting Player
@chubby thanks yes we would love that as well we are willing to travel to play as well trying to get our MWR to help out they are willing to sponsor us coming the new year so hopefully we will be throwing tournment at zama.

Judd 5/4

Addicted to Softballfans
LOL.. Drizzy..
It would be nice to play a few games on Bandy field though.. Ranger is just a little too small..

Tell me about it. Been playing at Ranger and Tama...a guy needs to stretch it out a bit. Bandy has the permanent mound for the HS baseball (which is good for them), bad for softball though.

Let's do the kanto league. Maybe get it started at Zama if scrilla can reserve the field. Wouldn't really need anything else. Sure umps and softballs would be great, but maybe just getting back at it could ignite it a bit.

Last edited:

Chubby_43

@chubby thanks yes we would love that as well we are willing to travel to play as well trying to get our MWR to help out they are willing to sponsor us coming the new year so hopefully we will be throwing tournment at zama.

Let us know.. Hopefully this time we'll field a team.. LOL... We'll be willing to drive..

LOL.. Drizzy..
It would be nice to play a few games on Bandy field though.. Ranger is just a little too small..

Tell me about it. Been playing at Ranger and Tama...a guy needs to stretch it out a bit. Bandy has the permanent mound for the HS baseball (which is good for them), bad for softball though.

Let's do the kanto league. Maybe get it started at Zama if scrilla can reserve the field. Wouldn't really need anything else. Sure umps and softballs would be great, but maybe just getting back at it could ignite it a bit.

LOL.. That sucks about the mound.. The Kanto league would be awesome.. UMPS would be great but we could always do the Tama thing...We would have to do up some by laws and try to get the same balls for each base..

It's looks like the Kanto might be dead unless we donate to start it off.. 4 bills to run it.. We will try to see what we can do get some donations to get it back...

scrilla 00

Starting Player
Thats fine with me i'll get with MWR about reserving the field. How did you guys do it in the past and will it be just the weekends or doing the week days as well?

cuban

Addicted to Softballfans
Let us know.. Hopefully this time we'll field a team.. LOL... We'll be willing to drive..

LOL.. That sucks about the mound.. The Kanto league would be awesome.. UMPS would be great but we could always do the Tama thing...We would have to do up some by laws and try to get the same balls for each base..

It's looks like the Kanto might be dead unless we donate to start it off.. 4 bills to run it.. We will try to see what we can do get some donations to get it back...

Sounds like its time the warriors went private org and started doing things themselves if you cant get support.

Judd 5/4

Addicted to Softballfans
Tournament in Atsugi is for command level teams only (AUG 10-11). Looks like I'll be umpin'
What are the chances of Aug 18 Saturday at ZAMA, get some games in?

Chubby_43

Tournament in Atsugi is for command level teams only (AUG 10-11). Looks like I'll be umpin'
What are the chances of Aug 18 Saturday at ZAMA, get some games in?

That sucks.. I am working thru a Yokosuka contact trying to get them to Host something as well..

scrilla 00

Starting Player
@ judd 5/4, MWR told me no on the Kanto cup because of funds as well. The 18th of Aug probably will be a no as well because we will in mission over here from 9 AUG-10 Sept 12.

KD10

The Rookie
Okay I know him, I also play with Lopez. We have talked about hosting a tournament the only problem that we can see is lodging being a problem.. we have the navy lodge and NGIS but both fill up way in advance.
There is also a possibility of doing a one day tournament all day/night depending on the amount of teams. There are pavillions around the softball field, we would just need authorization to occupy them past their cut off time of 2200.
If the place of the Tournament is still in question let me know and I can try and work on setting something up.. I know the Umpires here will have no problem, we might just have to pitch in for their fee if MWR will not cover it.

Chubby_43

KD10,

We don't mind driving down back and forth to play.. It would be nice for a place to crash but playing is better than not playing at all.. So lodging really isn't that big of an issue..

Judd 5/4

Addicted to Softballfans
need 3 base level teams committed to the same day. Reserve a field and collect $ for umps. Start RR at 1000. Double elim after that. Done 1900 or 2000 at latest. Then go home.
Or, just 2 teams, reserve field, best 2 out-of 3, go home. Play somewhere else later on down the road.
Problem is I don't know when Atsugi can field a team, so more to follow.

Chubby_43

Well Judd with you that would make 4... Yokota will have one(1), Zama is holding tryouts(2), the other I am sure Yokosuka could come up with one..