Avarice 98 reviews

nohitter_rp

Addicted to Softballfans
I am looking for a new bat for my wife. And some people mentioned the avarice 98 (we play in an ASA league so I think that is the one we need to have.
So I looked at the reviews here on softball fans. Most of them dinged it for not lasting very long. When I mentioned that elsewhere, they said not to trust the reviews and come over to this forumn and ask...

So... how is the durability of the avarice 98... and if it is good, why aren't there more reviews saying it is?

thanks.

tee_dub660

BP Hero's Sidekick
Unless your wife is a total masher, durability won't be an issue

True. The only one I saw break was 1st damaged by the post office (had the bat punctured by something heavy being dropped on it) & still took 500+ hits by guys 200lbs+.

ShaneDuncan

Addicted to Softballfans
If your wife is going to be the only one hitting it or only ladies check out the new Derby Girls bat. Avarice is a great bat and I have nothing but good things to say about it but the new Derby Girls bat is going to be pretty darn nice.

ckeell

Addicted to Softballfans
agreed the derby girl might be the way to go. i havent got mine yet but i am sure it is good.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
when they are talking about reviews they are reading the bat review threads in the REVIEW section which is full of people saying it broke prematurely but I have yet to see anyone here complain about it.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
A lot of the people who said it broke early (both ASA and utrip) are the ones who saw tire tracking and sent it in for a return. Kind of like the ones who sent in Eastons as soon as they saw spiraling.

angryelf22

Addicted to Softballfans
Heebs is right. given the time the Avarice 98 gets sick hot. Just swing it until it's in two pieces.

On the other hand, for your wife, I would go with either the Derby Girls, or new line DB or Wanted 275.