Avoid Homeforsports.com

drolly

has anybody else dealt with the clowns at homeforsports.com? fom my experience, i'd advise anybody and everybody to stay away. i ordered a 28oz crush from them at the end of september. a 26oz crush arrived promptly, with no invoice or receipt. i emailed them, and called them to let them know they had shipped the wrong bat, and it took about a week to get a reply. it took another week to get the return shipping instructions. sent the bat back, and two weeks later, had not received my 28oz in return. i had sent numerous emails and left plenty of voicemessages (it seems you never talk to anybody when you call, it ALWAYS go to voicemail) over the two weeks asking where my bat was and requesting that an invoice or receipt be sent with the correct bat. no reply. FINALLY got someone to answer in the third week and, of course he "had my information right in front of him and was about to call me." the rep told me that he'd send along a shirt and/or hat because i had been waiting close to a month for my bat. a week later, still no bat. the rep called that week and said the bat was being shipped out that day, and because i had been so patient, he'd throw in the shirt and hat, AND give me the next bat i purchased there at cost. the bat arrived a few days later. no shirt and hat. no invoice or receipt. that was the end of october/early november. between then and now i have sent MANY emails and left MANY voicemessages inquiring about my receipt, my shirt and hat, and about my discount. to this date, i have yet to receive a reply. this week alone i have sent 2 emails and left 2 voicemessages. nothing in reply. to make matters a bit worse, by the time i had received my crush, they had knocked the price down $10. at this point, all i care about is getting my receipt. the shirt, hat, and my $10 would be nice. my at cost discount? i'm not holding my breath. and even if i was given the discount, i don't really think i'd want to go through this ordeal again.

sorry, long post, but has anybody else had any experience with these yahoos?

Jon21770

Addicted to Softballfans
drolly said:
has anybody else dealt with the clowns at homeforsports.com? fom my experience, i'd advise anybody and everybody to stay away. i ordered a 28oz crush from them at the end of september. a 26oz crush arrived promptly, with no invoice or receipt. i emailed them, and called them to let them know they had shipped the wrong bat, and it took about a week to get a reply. it took another week to get the return shipping instructions. sent the bat back, and two weeks later, had not received my 28oz in return. i had sent numerous emails and left plenty of voicemessages (it seems you never talk to anybody when you call, it ALWAYS go to voicemail) over the two weeks asking where my bat was and requesting that an invoice or receipt be sent with the correct bat. no reply. FINALLY got someone to answer in the third week and, of course he "had my information right in front of him and was about to call me." the rep told me that he'd send along a shirt and/or hat because i had been waiting close to a month for my bat. a week later, still no bat. the rep called that week and said the bat was being shipped out that day, and because i had been so patient, he'd throw in the shirt and hat, AND give me the next bat i purchased there at cost. the bat arrived a few days later. no shirt and hat. no invoice or receipt. that was the end of october/early november. between then and now i have sent MANY emails and left MANY voicemessages inquiring about my receipt, my shirt and hat, and about my discount. to this date, i have yet to receive a reply. this week alone i have sent 2 emails and left 2 voicemessages. nothing in reply. to make matters a bit worse, by the time i had received my crush, they had knocked the price down $10. at this point, all i care about is getting my receipt. the shirt, hat, and my $10 would be nice. my at cost discount? i'm not holding my breath. and even if i was given the discount, i don't really think i'd want to go through this ordeal again.

sorry, long post, but has anybody else had any experience with these yahoos?

I had close to that happen to me with them. I ordered a 26oz. Crush from them in september. The bat arrived when they said it would but it came with a blank invoice. I called them and told them what happened and they had to email me an invoice. I personally wouldnt deal with them again after hearing that wasnt a one time thing now with them.

NorCal

Not stepping on anyone's toes here, as I haven't ordered loads of things from them. I've had 1 transaction from them and it went smooth, glad I was fortunate enough to be on the smooth side of things.

drolly

NorCal said:
Not stepping on anyone's toes here, as I haven't ordered loads of things from them. I've had 1 transaction from them and it went smooth, glad I was fortunate enough to be on the smooth side of things.
not stepping on toes at all, that was the purpose of this post, to see everyone else's experience with them. ha, so far bad is winning 2 to 1.

ryder1

Professional
thanks for the headsup

drolly said:
not stepping on toes at all, that was the purpose of this post, to see everyone else's experience with them. ha, so far bad is winning 2 to 1.

Thanks for the heads up. One of my coaches was about to alot from them, I called him up and told him not to. Good looking out.

drolly

Jon21770 said:
I had close to that happen to me with them. I ordered a 26oz. Crush from them in september. The bat arrived when they said it would but it came with a blank invoice. I called them and told them what happened and they had to email me an invoice. I personally wouldnt deal with them again after hearing that wasnt a one time thing now with them.
you know, that chaps me even more. the fact that all they need to do is email me a receipt and they haven't even done that. unbelievable.

and i'm not sure if it's just a problem with my computers, or a problem with their message board server, but homeforsports.com's message board comes up as a "page cannot be found" since late evening last night after i had posted my original message on this thread on THEIR board. way to take down your board. classy move fellas.

and oh yeah, btw, they STILL have not replied.

drolly

ryder1 said:
Thanks for the heads up. One of my coaches was about to alot from them, I called him up and told him not to. Good looking out.
what kind of products was your coach looking to order?

suga20

Where did you find these guys,hopefully you didn't find them here. If you did what is their name? So, nobody else deals with them,like me. Thanks for the info Steve.

mundy007

Addicted to Softballfans
Well, I almost had a deal with them..When the crush's first came out.. They told me they would have them in a week.. A week turned into 2 weeks, into 3 weeks, into 4 weeks.. and so on.. I told them not to bother, and went elsewhere to get my Crush.. They are based out of Birmingham Michigan. I will stick to buying from my board brothers... I have better luck buying from here anyway :D

drolly

suga20 said:
Where did you find these guys,hopefully you didn't find them here. If you did what is their name? So, nobody else deals with them,like me. Thanks for the info Steve.
yeah, actually did find them on the board here. a "katmandu" posted something about homeforsports getting a crush in stock and being free shipping, and then a "homeforsports" posted something about mentioning this board and receiving the free shipping. at the time, most other places were having a hard time getting them in stock and i wanted to make sure i got one. maybe should've waited a bit longer, ha, because i ended up waiting a month to get the right one anyway.

drolly

just an fyi update, i FINALLY received a receipt for my crush yesterday. i sent the clowns an email from a different address thinking maybe they had blocked my primary one and 5 days later i had my receipt. real classy organization. oh, btw, i still have not had anybody contact me. they just threw a receipt in an envelope and mailed it to me.

what i think is funny is they USED to have a message board on their site, so i copied and pasted my first post on this thread onto their site. apparently that must have been bad for business so they no longer have a message board. too bad for them that we have sites like this to get the word out on terrible retailers.

on a side note, i have nothing but good things to say about kellysultimatesports.com. just a fantastic site. doesn't carry all bats (like mizuno's) but great prices, shipping time, AND cs. i ordered a freak a week ago from them and then saw i could get one for $35 cheaper through the deal with sportsauthority.com. i emailed kelly's and mike promptly emailed me back saying he'd credit my account the $35. now THAT my friends, is great CS.

drolly

just wanted to bump this tread up again after some clown from homeforsports decided to post something in another thread after i had warned against them and had the audacity to imply that this was simply a "tactic" used by another dealer. i think i've been on this site long enough for everybody here to know i'm not a dealer. anyway, if anybody hasn't read this ordeal i had to go through for when i ordered my crush, i'd strongly encourage you to read, and also read how i'm not the only one who was given the runaround.

30 emails without a reply (an approximation, it was probably more), 15 voicemails without a reply (once again, an approximation, probably more), a promise that was never followed through, all over a period of 3 months for 1 single bat. that's not a tactic, it's the truth of what happened. f*ck you homeforsports, don't insult me or anybody else on this site with your "tactic" bullsh*t.

stew

I'm Back!!!
This is funny. I am going through the samething that you have mentioned right now. I have ordered 9 bats and still no receipts. Promised the Hat, Shirt and Gloves. Only got the shirt.

I am supoose to have everything here tomorrow....???

drolly

stew said:
This is funny. I am going through the samething that you have mentioned right now. I have ordered 9 bats and still no receipts. Promised the Hat, Shirt and Gloves. Only got the shirt.

I am supoose to have everything here tomorrow....???
really doesn't surprise me. supposed to have everything tomorrow, ha! now that's funny! only thing that disappoints me is that somebody who visits this site ordered anything at all, let alone 9 bats, from those clowns.

stew

I'm Back!!!
Still No receipts!!! No Answered phone calls!! No Nothing!! Not to happy. May just have to take a trip this weekend!!

Jon21770

Addicted to Softballfans
As I said before I had problems with them also. I can tell you that this is definately not a "tactic" by a competing dealer.

drolly

stew said:
Still No receipts!!! No Answered phone calls!! No Nothing!! Not to happy. May just have to take a trip this weekend!!

sorry to hear that stew. tried to warn you though!! :D hopefully everybody else will read this and be forewarned...

and if you do make that trip, give them hell for me too!!

Xrated

Manager
I have purchased two bats from homeforsports.com and have had good service from the guys over there. Thay even went out of there way and called to confirm my order over the phone. I am about to buy about 8 bats from these guys today. I will keep the board posted on the transaction.

snakebite1984

Addicted to Softballfans
why take the risk

You have seen what these guys have done to more than one person on several occasion why take the risk with that type of money for 8 bats. Id say your probably spending at least 1400 or more right? What happens if you dont get a receipt either. Being team bats they will probably only last a year before they have problems because of the use and abuse they get. Do they really give you that good of a deal to risk your warrenty?

Xrated

Manager
The way I see it hundreds of people take more risk by buying from "Private" sellers. If you make a deal on a board with a single person that is not recognized by anyone as a retailer, then they can very well screw you, me, and everyone else out of however much cash we send him(or her) for whatever piece of equipment we are trying to buy. I know we all know this but we take the risk anyway because all of us love a great deal. If these guys try to screw me out of anything I can always call consumer affairs and let them handle it. You can't do very much if an individual scams you out of $300 for a "MINT" PST you never received? For me, the price I'm getting these bats for shadows the risk. I would be lying if I said I wans't a little nervous though :eek:

Just another opinion

i bought a bat from them and had a smooth transaction. was able to reach them by phone right away. the bat showed up on time, with reciept. scary though how many problems some of you have had. I will think twice before I need to order again.

XJ9ine

Coach
VERY HAPPY w/ Bat Purchase and Customer Service

For What It's WORTH[!]:
Ordered my Worth Wicked Insanity FP from Home for Sports online Tuesday [$169 delivered -- best price i was able to find anywhere!]; gorgeous bat w/ all paperwork at my door Thursday afternoon.

rec'd email receipt immediately after online purchase, and e-notification that airbill was generated within 1 hour. Only glitch was with DHL tracking system! didn't show package in delivery stream until Thurs a.m. Resident guru from BatReviews mb put me onto this thread and i was worried... Called HFS Weds afternoon [yes, got their voicemail], left a message expressing my concern, also sent an email to sales@ ...

My call was returned by a VERY helpful man [Thomas] who confirmed that bat had shipped Tuesday and DHL tracking was spotty ... also 'talked bats' w/ me for quite a while. Got a helpful, personal email response too.

sorry for anyone who had problems with HFS, but they sure did right by me. maybe board needs new thread "Avoid DHL"...

XJ9

jdawg

Coach
Hfs Fan here

I must say I'm pretty surprised to see this thread. I was cruising the forums and came across this, and had to comment. I've probably done 7 seperate orders through homeforsports.com over the last year and a half. I've purchased a freak, crush and synergy 2 from them, and I've ordered on behalf of some friends who were a bit nervous about the whole online ordering thing.

No problems to date, prices are great, and I'm going to continue to buy from them.

T

TrebZilla

stew said:
i ordered a bat from them. got ****ed around for about week and finally got the bat. there's probably better places to order from.

AgiTatE

The Veteran
TrebZilla said:
i ordered a bat from them. got ****ed around for about week and finally got the bat. there's probably better places to order from.
FYI...this company is actually run by only two people. Unfortunately, the company address listed with the website registrar is no longer valid. But, I do have one of the owner's home address if needed.