Axe Slowpitch Flared Knob Dual Stamp

blakcherry329

I just came across this. Without knowing much about the flare handle, from a common sense standpoint, shouldn't they have to change the whole design of the Axe bat since it's designed to only hit on one side of the bat? Seems like durability would be an issue. Not to mention the whole reason to buy an Axe bat is the axe handle.
Not sure why they would mess with that.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
I've hit both sides and it seems the so called non hitting side is better than the hit this side..
I remember when they came out the word was that the non-hitting side had thin walls and the bat would break if you hit on that side. If that's true (which I don't believe) it would make sense that the non-hitting side would be hotter.

nike33kjk

Addicted to Softballfans
I never understood those Axe handle bats because you would be able to rotate it to break it in. Then somewhere I read that the "limiter" inside (or maybe wall thickness?) is specifically made to be a one-side impact zone. So it may be that the backside would be hotter. Just awkward to swing?

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
I never understood those Axe handle bats because you would be able to rotate it to break it in. Then somewhere I read that the "limiter" inside (or maybe wall thickness?) is specifically made to be a one-side impact zone. So it may be that the backside would be hotter. Just awkward to swing?
My understanding of the axe handle portion itself is that it was invented to help baseball players with hand issues from swinging normal knobbed bats. I can see it being more comfortable for some people to swing. Some guys like big knobs, some small knobs, some knob cuffs, some grip-n-rip, etc...

blakcherry329

The Axe handle makes it so both lefty and righty are hitting the same "side" of the bat. The other side is definitely thinner and would definitely be hotter, for a certain amount of time. ;)
Only certain slow pitch players are going to buy this bat, anyway. Not sure why they're pandering to the overlap or drop a pinky crowd, at the expense of what got them noticed to begin with. Kinda like the Budweiser fiasco. smh