B3.0 vs J3A

Shaunmang35

The Veteran
Debating between these two bats here. I'm mostly an Easton person, but a while ago I swung a J3A and loved it. Before that I wasn't a demarini person at all. I own a few stealths and love them, I would say the scn9 is probably my favorite bat. So with these new line of bats out it is tough to decide. Please any input or advice is appreciated.

One last thing in regards to the J3A and is something that concerns me is the durability I have heard. A few players in my league have gone through a few of them already and when I called about a price to the place I have purchased bats before they said the first batch was having durability issues, but the second and third batch is just fine. Any thoughts? Thanks

Nacirema85

Addicted to Softballfans
This was sort of already answered in this thread: http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1309410

Even though it refers to the L6 -- I think you can probably easily substitute the L6 and B3.

Edit: To chime in, I haven't swung the J3A but people say it's tops... however, I love my B3. It's a beast. It destroys the 44/375 and does damage to the new 52/300's. The only thing that is scary is the 6 months warranty, as it already has a rattle after about 50 hits. It's up to 300 or so now and hasn't picked up any more rattle to it, still sounds the same.

Bubaloo

Manager
This was sort of already answered in this thread: http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1309410

Even though it refers to the L6 -- I think you can probably easily substitute the L6 and B3.

Edit: To chime in, I haven't swung the J3A but people say it's tops... however, I love my B3. It's a beast. It destroys the 44/375 and does damage to the new 52/300's. The only thing that is scary is the 6 months warranty, as it already has a rattle after about 50 hits. It's up to 300 or so now and hasn't picked up any more rattle to it, still sounds the same.

I swung a b3 with 300 hits against hot dots last night and flied
Out at 250 twice. I then picked up my friends j3 and hit one easily 320 out.
The b3 just felt like junk and I'm
A huge easton guy. That j3 is legit

ftaylor28

Addicted to Softballfans
I have always been an Easton stealth guy and hated Demarini...bought j3 and b3
At about same time...I sold stealth and bought another j3, bat is awesome

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
Had a j3a b3 L4 and a L6 this spring now I have 4 j3a's. 27oz j3a's are money and piss all over the new eastons

Shaunmang35

The Veteran
Thanks for the input so far. So far I've got better reviews for the J3A. Even the place I go to said Demarini stepped it up this year with line of bats.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
these are the only two new asa bats I've swung, haha. both basically brand new, the j3a is hotter from the get go. I only got to hit a couple dozen times with the B3.0 and it still felt stiff and needing break in at the end of that BP session.

if you want instant gratification, the j3a really fits that bill.

wiggie7

Addicted to Softballfans
J3A is a hot stick. Great feel, great pop.... durability seems to be the question