B3/L4/triad/flipper/DB275/z1000 vs. 52/300 review

ftaylor28

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry for delay on update but here it is in ranking order balls used were mix of synthetic/composite .52/300 hycons and tattoos

1) Demarini Flipper
Love this bat...probably not too fair since it had 5-600 cuts but exit speed was best out of bunch and distance was right up there a little behind triad. Seems to just crush the synthetic balls we have, hits the synthetics better than any other bat in this lineup. For line drives this bat is my go to bat and definitely my go to bat when we are using tournament provided crappy synthetics like we have to use in Minnesota at corkys and firemans. Never thought I would ever like a demarini, I'm usually an Easton stealth guy.

2)Miken Triad

It probably had 30-40 cuts on it at testing...This thing is a really great bat, outperformed all bats in distance, hits both synthetic and composite well but absolutely murders the composite balls, distance isn't even close, out hit all bats by 15-20 feet...hit some in the 340-350 range...exit speed was behind flipper IMO, but I have heard from a buddy that owns a lot of these that they get better after a few hundred hits...has a different feel to it and I seem to mi**** a little more than I do with flipper...

3) '11 z-1000
I still love this damn bat...has probably 800 cuts on it...although its behind on distance and exit speed against triad and flipper, I just feel so damn comfortable at the plate with it...probably not gonna be my gamer but definitely not leaving my bag and these can be had at great prices...

4)Easton B3

Brand new just tore wrapper off before hitting...what can I say I love Easton stealths and the b3 I feel is gonna be nice once it gets some more swings on it...felt real crisp with line drives although distance wasn't great...definitely needs more cuts to get a better review on it but I think it could and will move up on my list after time...love the small Easton knob as I drop two fingers and these new Easton grips are perfect...I have been switching from tape to regular grips for years and finally they got a factory grip right

5)Easton L4

Once again just tore wrapper off...nice bat, but like I stated above I need more cuts before I can get a true accurate review...it seemed to have better exit speed and maybe a little more distance than the B3 but I mi**** it more...this being due to me being more of a stealth guy, so if your debating whether to get a b3 or an l4 go with what u feel more comfortable with...it's 1 piece vs 2 piece and I'm a 2 piece guy so I will stick to the b3 stealth

6)Combat derby boys 275
Probably had 500-600 cuts before tested...not a fan of this bat at all, maybe because this is the first combat but I'm not sure...mi**** it a lot and just couldn't get the feel for it...distance and exit speed average at best compared to others...it goes when u hit flush but that's the case with any of these bats, guess I'm just not a combat guy

Finally gonna be 65 degrees here today and gonna test these new Asa bats out against the .52/300 ball...mix of tattoos and Dudley hycons, first year of playing all with the new ball, last year only used 52 ball about 25 percent of the time and that's what the z1000 was used for and loved it

image-18.jpg

Last edited:

tippin20s

It's dumb to compare bats straight out of the wrapper IMO. You aren't tapping into the potential of these bats as they're fully broken in, even if thats only 200 hits. Especially against bats that are broken in.

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
It's dumb to compare bats straight out of the wrapper IMO. You aren't tapping into the potential of these bats as they're fully broken in, even if thats only 200 hits. Especially against bats that are broken in.

Shut it Tippin. Basically nobody else has reviewed the B3 or L4 outdoors. Swing em and let us know!

tippin20s

That's not much of a review IMO. I just know I would've passed on many a great bat had I listened to the NOW reviews, including the 09 JH Titan, Longhaul Bomber, and OG Psycho, all turds out of the wrapper.

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
I get what your saying. BUT, I'd rather hear an initial review rather than no review. You pickin up wut I'm layin down?

ftaylor28

Addicted to Softballfans
Review will come tomorrow morning...drank too much after bp last night, gonna hit them all again tonight and give a better review now that some of them have more cuts on them...

DEJ13

Addicted to Softballfans
Review will come tomorrow morning...drank too much after bp last night, gonna hit them all again tonight and give a better review now that some of them have more cuts on them...

Drank too much so you forgot how you hit the ball...