Any Bad stamp placement

slick303

B(.)(.)BS
Someone mentioned in another thread that there could be issues with clear nail polish on a stamp to help preserve it. What are your thoughts on this? If that might cause problems what about a clear piece of packaging tape that could be removed on spot if it was ever questioned. Any issues with that?

MaverickAH

While, from a technical aspect, using nail polish might be illegal, I don't envision it being disallowed in practice as long as it's obvious as to its intent. Using tape might be more of an issue as it's not permanently adhered to the bat barrel.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
In most leagues I wouldn't have a problem with the clear nail polish. In tournaments or really high end leagues I would have to say something. If I see tape on the barrel I'm making you take it off before the game and inspecting that bat really closely.

yance

Addicted to Softballfans
If manufactures put the association stamp on the cone of the bat instead of the barrel they would not be wearing off as easily.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
If manufactures put the association stamp on the cone of the bat instead of the barrel they would not be wearing off as easily.

And it's my understand that that's something that ASA has been pushing manufacturers to do. We know how much you spend on your bats, and we know how frustrating it is when we look at the bats, can't find the stamp, and have to tell you, "I'm sorry, you can't use this bat." It's ridiculous that manufacturers put the stamp in a spot where it can be so easily and prematurely worn off.

In most leagues I wouldn't have a problem with the clear nail polish. In tournaments or really high end leagues I would have to say something. If I see tape on the barrel I'm making you take it off before the game and inspecting that bat really closely.

Interesting, i would think you would inspect a varnish that could be holding on a printed stamp label on there considering its much more permantent than a piece of scotch tape, that even if pulled off with a little force would leave a stamp flat, clean, and even with the surface - naturally because its for preservation and is removable. In that case is sounds as though some Nail polish remover/ solvent cleaner would be in order