Bag Balm

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
Was putting some bag balm on my severely cracked hands the other night and read on the can that it is a petroleum/lanolin base like a lot of glove conditioners. Has anyone used this on a glove? I know it works wonders on skin just don't want to eff up my vinci if it's no good.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
If it is just petroleum jelly and lanolin, than it would work fine on a glove (Nokona NLT is simply Vaseline). But lanolin will soften leather, so if you do't want that to happen, stick with Vaseline or beeswax. If there is very little lanolin in the conditioner, then the softening would be minimal, but IDK how much is in it.

David the Gnome

The Veteran
I've said this before but.. with the vast number of well known and proven glove oils and conditioners out there, why take the chance on something that could potentially harm your glove?

jkwoody22

League ball huer
I used it in the past on a Novak Kip worked well, does soften quite a bit,it was a black so don't know if it would darken it or not, other than the smell, I would use it again

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
It does have a very distinctive smell. I have an old glove I'll try it on and see what happens.