ASA base running

peck22

Extra Hitter
OK a guy was on first the ball was hit deep lc the guy rounded 3rd and the guy that hit the ball touched 3rd then when back to 2nd and the guy when back two 3rd is the guy that rounded 3rd out because the other one touched 3rd?

hookumsnivy

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm going to try to rephrase this in English and then give my answer:
There was a runner on 1st base (we'll call him R1) and the batter (B1) hit a ball to deep left center. R1 rounded 3rd base in an attempt to score. B1 went to 3rd thinking R1 was going to run home. R1 changed his mind and went back to 3rd base. B1 therefore went back to 2nd base.
Is that what you were trying to say?

Unless B1 ran past R1, there is no automatic out. If B1 also rounded 3rd and didn't retouch 3rd on the way back to 2nd he would be in jeopardy.

On a side note: Peck, you REALLY need to learn how to write. That might be the worst description of a play I've ever read.

Last edited:

Jbird11

What in the ***** just happened in that opening post. I'll just say this. Base running... it's over-rated. Coach the team and bat yourself in front of the guy that hits all the bombs...

/thread.

peck22

Extra Hitter
I like how every one picks on some one with a learning disability ya know not every one is perfect but i guess that some of you think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
I like how every one picks on some one with a learning disability ya know not every one is perfect but i guess that some of you think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peck, it's not a matter of picking on someone. To be bluntly honest (and not trying to be disrespectful), your post was extremely difficult to read.

How you handle others' responses is your own business.

chiefgator

Crafty Veteran
picture.php

RDD15

Addicted to Softballfans
nope just two people where on 3rd at same time then one went back two 2nd

Janesville...nice area. I spend a week at Delevan each year.

If two guys are both standing on the same bag, they are not out. If neither runner is forced to the bag in question, then the trailing runner may be tagged out while both are occupying the base, but unless he is tagged, there is no out.

(I believe the trailing runner is the guy that must be tagged, but it may be something else, like the first runner to occupy the bag has the right to it.)

hookumsnivy

Addicted to Softballfans
In your description, none of the runners were tagged and the trailing runner did not PASS the 1st runner. If that's the case, then no outs would be recorded.