Bases loaded ground ball to 3rd

BSBR

Starting Player
Bases loaded, ground ball to 3rd baseman. Runner on third does not move off 3rd. 3rd Baseman tags runner on third (still on base), steps on 3rd base, and throws to second for the force. Is this 2 or 3 outs?

BSBR

Starting Player
Does anyone know what usa softball rule covers this situation. I can't find it clearly defined in the rules.

BSBR

Starting Player
Really? This is standard force outs in all softball games and all levels and sanctions
The part that I can't find specifically is the rule that applies to the runner on 3rd, staying on the base. I can't find a ruling stating something to the extent of "runner must abandon base in a force out situation" all the rules seem to apply to touching the base in a force out situation or tagging a runner that is off the base. I cant find it clearly stated that the runner at 3rd can be tagged while on the base in this situation for an out.

Duriisimo

Aguilucho
You will not find it, runners do not have to run but they are still a forced out if they are forced to run. Who is questioning this?

BSBR

Starting Player
You will not find it, runners do not have to run but they are still a forced out if they are forced to run. Who is questioning this?
Have had the same situation come up 2 times. First time runner on 3rd was called safe on the tag (because he stayed on the base), runner on 2nd called out on the force (stepping on 3rd base) and the runner on first out on the throw to 2nd. (2 Outs),
Second time all three were called out.
Wanted to know what the correct call is, since I am having a hard time finding the answer in the USA Softball rule book

lb16

the natural
Once base runner is forced to leave bag on hit the base is not a safe haven anymore. Runners are only safe from tags on base if they aren't forced to vacate bag. When ball is put in play if bases are loaded runner on 3rd can be tagged for an out. Only if fielder tags base before tagging runner would runner be safe.

Projectcam

If the fielder stepped on the bag before tagging the base runner out then the base runner would be safe. The force play is not in play at that point. If the fielder applies the tag then steps on the base it’s 3 outs.