Basket webs

Lemond

Probably a quick and easy question for the gurus:

I was shopping for an OF glove for DD. Ended up with this beauty thanks to @ANNASDAD :

However, we like basket webs in this house, so during my search, I played around with the Rawlings shop for a while, and noted that it at least appeared that basket webs were not available in anything over a 12.5 glove. (Admittedly, I did not try too hard to disprove this theory.)

I was curious if anyone knows why that would be?

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
On the builder, basket webs were available for all five 12.75" glove models, and I only checked one 13", a basket web was also available for it!

Money will get you just about anything you need!

Lemond

Like I said, I half-assed looked, and I think it was mostly at stock, not customs.

I grew up with a Reggie Jackson model BW from just before HS until I bought my A2000 1799OT 4 yrs ago (and yes, it burned my hand a little when I put it on). So, Rawlings and BWs became engrained in my DNA.

So, I guess my question turns into why are they not offered in stock gloves over 12.5? Is it only a popularity issue, or is there some functional reason?l

Lemond

Follow the money, I'd say they're just not big sellers?
Yeah, the world has been in decline for a while. Not enough folks left with great taste. 😉

Not to mention, those of us who had them, probably kept them around too long instead of buying new gloves every couple years.