Bat advice for son

My 17 year old is joining me in my coed restaurant league to play this season, hasn't swung a bat since he was 10. I just bought a Slugger Z1000 Lloyd that I'm leery about letting him use. I do have a 2016 Easton 27oz Bomb Squad, but it's got a 2oz endload to it.

Any suggestions for maybe a 25oz moderate priced balanced bat that may do him right?

Thanks,
Jeff

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
The bats you have are good performers. Let him swing it to see what his bat preferences are. Long vs short barrel, Balanced vs. EL.

He’ll adjust, i suggest you take him out for some BP though to get his hand-eye coordination back after a long time not playing...

yellowmein

BP on a Tee
I am sure it is really nice to be having fun hitting with your son. I hope i can still hit when my daughter gets the hr fever.

Good to see he is working middle/other way early.

I am sure it is really nice to be having fun hitting with your son. I hope i can still hit when my daughter gets the hr fever.

Good to see he is working middle/other way early.
Yeah, that's with the Easton 2oz end load. Luckily he still understands placement and how to read where the fielders play.

blakcherry329

Might want to have him stand a little more upright and loosen up a little. He's a little stiff up there.
Having said that, nothing better than having you kid join you on the field. Good Luck!

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
when we were first starting playing softball in college all anyone had were 28oz bats as far as we could tell. we survived and succeeded. he'll be fine.