Bat and Weight Suggestion

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
I currently swing a 30 oz ST100 and love it. I'm looking for a DeMarini ASA only that will be the most similar in terms of swing weight. I don't care much about barrel length, two-piece vs one-piece, or sweetspot location. I just want something that would be the most similiar to the ST100. I have swung a 26 oz Fu Dawg (thanks Gambill) and like the way the bat feels. I have talked with Gambill but also want feedback from others that have swung the 30 oz offering. Does it change in feel as you increase in weight? More endload? Which of the three new ASA's would be the closest fit?

J3a, Flipper, or Fu Dawg?

We hit ASA Hot Dots in league and tourneys here and pretty much everywhere we go.

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
Honestly bro I think the fu dawg is best for you just because of the amount of bats you go through.

I was thinking the same thing. But all the hype around the J3a has me curious. I want a more balanced 30 oz. I'm guessing that's the Fu?

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
I was thinking the same thing. But all the hype around the J3a has me curious. I want a more balanced 30 oz. I'm guessing that's the Fu?

The 30oz j3a has a slight endload from what i have heard. The only j3's with durability problems seem to be the 26 and 27 getting the vertical crack and peeling back. I think you would be gtg with a 30

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I think the ST100 is very end loaded in 30oz which surprised me but I've read where that's only the 30. To me it swings most like the 30oz Swagger, both have a lot of end load and swing similarly to me. I had a 28oz Fu and it definitely wasn't as end loaded but still had a decent amount very similar to the MLC. I have a 30oz Fu coming in a couple days and will report back what I find there.

The Flipper I swung was too balanced and light for my liking, it was a really good bat but nothing amazing or anywhere near good enough to overcome my preference in swing weight.

FWIW, I think the Swagger is great with Hot Dots cause the end load really helps me get them going, they are the first Worth ball that I didn't think was crap.

murc

That 30oz Fu does not swing nearly as heavily as the st100. I feel like its more of a mid-load. I might be crazy though.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
That 30oz Fu does not swing nearly as heavily as the st100. I feel like its more of a mid-load. I might be crazy though.

My 28 was mid loaded so it moved on, I wanted to try a 30 just to make sure it wasn't a weight thing. And I basically just really like the graphics even though I'd ridicule someone else for doing the same....

Known fact.

Why so combative my brother? ELE is the way to happiness, ELE my friend ...

murc

Did you think it performed like a 30? Meaning, it had some junk in the trunk?

Id say so. I mean, you can feel the weight when you swing it. As stiff as the one i had was, being so new, it was getting good distance. Id have kept it if I wasnt on hiatus. Ive decided that when I do come back, I'm gonna try a 30oz Swagger. Sources say it has more of a true END load. Good for the .52s we hit here in ASA.