Bat Boys Headhunter 98

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
I've seen them on the Bay as well. Not interested enough to buy one, but has me intrigued.

toad_2

Semiretired Player
BatBoys_HeadHunter98 said:
Up for bids is a pre-order for a 2012 BatBoys HeadHunter98 ASA softball bat.It's expected release is Sept.1st but we are working diligently to have it out sooner.The bat in the picture is a prototype and the bat that comes out for the public will be almost identical.This bat is 100% multi-wall composite and has the most advanced composite weave to maximize the trampoline affect for greater distance.The Headhunter 98 also has a 1/2 ounce end load for distance.At Batboys Sporting Goods,we have been around softball for 20+ years and have used all the great bats in the sport and we are confident that our bat will be one of the top ASA bats in the game.The reason for the pre-order is because there will only be 100 1st batch bats made so it will be first come first serve.We are going to try and post a bp video in the coming weeks to show interested buyers what this bat can do.Also please note that this bat will not come with a warranty because of the limited numbers.Thanks for looking and happy bidding.Please note that payments will still need to be made within 7 days.
484450892_tp.jpg
484450907_tp.jpg
Says they are being sold out of Manitowoc, Wisconsin. Beer, cheese, WWII submarines and softball bats. Only quality goods come from WI.:D

DVS DEA

"IGNORANCE IS ANNOYING"
The asa stamp doesnt look real. Also these could be repainted hammers/cyclones for all me know :)

Rich4863

Combat Ho
Its definitely not a Bass. They claim it has hybrid type technology. The ones with this technology were not exactly hot bats.

OTech

Ambisinister Pitcher
There were issues with them so they had to change the material. I bid on one on the bay and that's what I was told anyway.

OTech

Ambisinister Pitcher
Its listed on the bay as a double wall. It's my understanding that ASA takes a while to update their list and the bats not due out until September anyway.

Dac93

Manager
Does anyone know if they are alloy or composite? One post on here says 100% comp but ebay lists it as alloy?

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
We had a guy around here swinging a stamped protype of this bat a few weeks back. It sounded pretty good, definitely sounded like composite, and the ball came off the bat pretty nice. He's not a tremendous power hitter but was able to put one out with the bat. I never had the bat in my hands, never swung the bat, never saw it up close. This particular model was blue and grey/silver so different than the picture in this thread.

Devil Dog

You like soup?
We had a guy around here swinging a stamped protype of this bat a few weeks back. It sounded pretty good, definitely sounded like composite, and the ball came off the bat pretty nice. He's not a tremendous power hitter but was able to put one out with the bat. I never had the bat in my hands, never swung the bat, never saw it up close. This particular model was blue and grey/silver so different than the picture in this thread.
Who was swinging it?

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
Mine feels like an alloy, and I got it from Joker as my Anderson Secret Santa gift.

I haven't hit with it yet. The pic in the first post is not what the bat looks like, here are some pics:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'd be interested in any info about these as well. I can't wait to swing mine!

The handle/grip feels thick, and the knob is big, but I don't know if that's in relation to all bats, or just Andersons (which is what I usually swing and all feature thin handles with very small knobs).