Bat Closest to MiKEN PT Balanced?

Ghost_SRT

I am just getting back into the game after a long long lay off… Close to 15 years so I know bat technology has changed a bunch and my swing I think was left back in the dark ages. So I’ve been hitting for the last month or so with a DeMarini JA3 OG end load 28oz but I am dragging it through the zone big time getting everything fisted rarely hitting one on the sweet spot… When I catch it on the good part of the bat the ball jumps off but the bed is just too heavy for me. A guy on my team last night had a white Miken freak PT balanced 28 ounce and it felt much much lighter. I used in my last two at bats and hit the ball really really well much more like I’m used to. That bat has been discontinued but is there a more current model that will hit like that… It made a weird noise when it the ball made contact (almost a “cracking-type noise) with the ball jumped off of it really well. Needs to have a ASA stamp and we are hitting yellow trump rocks I think 44/375.

ShortYellowBus

My advice is that you should pay more attention to your swing. If you’re hitting 44/375 balls, the bat truly doesn’t matter. Any bat will get the job done.

Also pay attention to the bat snap. Are you snapping? Or are you just dragging your bat around? Try putting your palms a bit closer to each to make sure you’re breaking your wrists properly. If the wrists are too horizontal to each other, the bat head won’t snap.

It’s the Indian, not the arrow. Those Mikens get blown up all the time with 44’s, especially if you’re not hitting the sweet spot consistently. Watch some film of yourself, or post it here.

We’re all happy to help!

Joker

whatever you do, don't go look up anything for yourself. just ask others to do it for you

Party mafia

I am just getting back into the game after a long long lay off… Close to 15 years so I know bat technology has changed a bunch and my swing I think was left back in the dark ages. So I’ve been hitting for the last month or so with a DeMarini JA3 OG end load 28oz but I am dragging it through the zone big time getting everything fisted rarely hitting one on the sweet spot… When I catch it on the good part of the bat the ball jumps off but the bed is just too heavy for me. A guy on my team last night had a white Miken freak PT balanced 28 ounce and it felt much much lighter. I used in my last two at bats and hit the ball really really well much more like I’m used to. That bat has been discontinued but is there a more current model that will hit like that… It made a weird noise when it the ball made contact (almost a “cracking-type noise) with the ball jumped off of it really well. Needs to have a ASA stamp and we are hitting yellow trump rocks I think 44/375.

Do you have the picture of the freak pt balance you're swinging?

Last edited:

Ghost_SRT

Do you have the picture of the freak pt balance you're swinging?

This is not the actual bat but I’m 99% sure it was this one...my swing is fine I’ve just been out of the game a long time. Played D-1 baseball then played a few years with Lighthouse Baptist - I didn’t forget how to swing I just got old after 13 years off lol

Thanks for the feedback...

8-E69-D0-D7-1901-4-E4-F-B88-F-C778480-F9-AAB.jpg

Party mafia

This is not the actual bat but I’m 99% sure it was this one...my swing is fine I’ve just been out of the game a long time. Played D-1 baseball then played a few years with Lighthouse Baptist - I didn’t forget how to swing I just got old after 13 years off lol

Thanks for the feedback...

8-E69-D0-D7-1901-4-E4-F-B88-F-C778480-F9-AAB.jpg
Look for the freak 20th anniversary asa in the 14 inches barrel. That bat is the closest to the one you posted.