ASA Bat Machine... yes i searched first

sicknastynv

So our local league is interested in purchasing a bat testing machine and I have been asked do do the research on them. I know they aren't all that accurate, but the league is still interested in purchasing one to see how it goes. I have searched this site extensively and I cannot seem to find where I can purchase one. I have used google search for the Easton one, but I can't locate one. Does anyone have some insite on where I can locate one? Thanks.

spos21ram

The Legend
I have thought about getting a compression machine for the league I run, but they cost a lot of money for a league to buy. I'm talking thousands of dollars. If I was running several leagues, or huge tourny's every week I would get one, but it's not very practical for a league to have one unless they have that extra cash.

Just a side note. If you do purchase one it will not tell you a bat is altered. It is only a pass/fail on compression. An older, well broken in bat will probably fail. In my league's discussion, if we were to get one, any bat that fails could not be used. This doesn't mean we penalize the owner of the bat or brand him a cheater. We know the bat could be legit. It's simple though, if it fails you can't use it. In league's where there is a ton a whining about bats, this could make it even worse when a bat fails...example "see i knew he was cheating"...and all rumors and more smack talking continues, when in reality he may not be a cheater and just owns a well broken in bat.

sicknastynv

Yea that's a good point. I understand how it could become a problem, but the league wants one. I'm not all for it mainly cuz I swing older sticks that are all hot, but stock. I'm afraid my own bats wouldn't pass haha.

Thanks NCASA

spos21ram

The Legend
It's pretty cool that the LD or town is willing to fork over the cash for one of these. I've seen prices up in the 5k range some as low as 2.

Center59

**** Cody
Demarini's were failing NOW here in Lincoln. Something about them being a little smaller in diameter than other bats. Thats what the dude at the sporting goods store here told me. Don't know if that is accurate. Well broken in bats also were failing a lot and some guys were pissed. But I have talked to a couple of guys locally that had bats fail and then they found a way to make them pass. Apparently the trick is to freeze the bat before you get it tested. So you need to have people that know what to look for doing the testing. I have seen a couple UTRIP bats with Parks and Rec stickers on them. Sticker means they pass the compression test. The catch is you can only use ASA bats in league. Which means there are people that don't even know the difference between ASA and UTRIP when they are testing bats. I don't mind that they are testing here. I just want people there that know what they are doing.

We have an Easton one. I can mail you the operations guide and the phone information on buying one. They are $750.
Out experience has been good. Almost all bats pass. Some of the horror stories on SBF about the tester are a huge exaggeration compared with my experience.

sicknastynv

We have an Easton one. I can mail you the operations guide and the phone information on buying one. They are $750.
Out experience has been good. Almost all bats pass. Some of the horror stories on SBF about the tester are a huge exaggeration compared with my experience.

That would be great!!!

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans

Cost is $700. The Easton is old news and requires a power source unless they have come out with a newer model.

There is a manual device ASA is offering (with the Easton as an option, also) to the local associations. The new one requires no power, has a gauge attached which means the moment you reach the number, the bat is good and you move on to the next one. No waiting for a light or beep. There is also a retaining attachment to insure the same location of the bat is being tested every time.

sicknastynv

Cost is $700. The Easton is old news and requires a power source unless they have come out with a newer model.

There is a manual device ASA is offering (with the Easton as an option, also) to the local associations. The new one requires no power, has a gauge attached which means the moment you reach the number, the bat is good and you move on to the next one. No waiting for a light or beep. There is also a retaining attachment to insure the same location of the bat is being tested every time.

Where can I look at getting one of these? My ASA commisioner? I'm not set on the Easton one, just want to see all options. Thanks.