Bat opinions

Softball.com:

Cincy17

How's it going everyone? I'm just looking for some advice on some bats. I'm trying to make a decision on what bat to go with. Here's what I've swung so far.

-Demarini 2016 Stadium CL22 (Didn't get along with)
-Demarini 2017 OG Flipper ASA (Hot stick but can't use in my Utrip league)
-Demarini 2017 Raw Steel (Good bat but it didn't hold up)

I mainly play in an USSSA league. Balls at Classic M 52's. I'm looking at Miken Freak 30 and Patriot, Demarini Newbreed and Juggy DB44.

I got along with the Raw Steel end load but not the CL22. I liked the feeling of the balanced Flipper. I'm the lead off hitter but I also lead the team in home runs(4 in 6 games) but I'm not the hitter for the team. I can pretty much put the ball where ever and if I need to hit a home run I can do that also. I'm just looking for some opinions on what bat might be the best. Any insight and feedback on bats would be greatly appreciate.

If you have some other bats that would work besides the ones I posted let me know.

Thanks,
Justin

mvfjet

Part Time Player
My 2016 Freak Patriot balanced kills the USSSA 52/275's. Obviously the harder ball will have higher exit speed but I've had no problem hitting a couple off the 16' fence at 280' out. Also the sweet spot is very forgiving you don't have to be perfect. My teammates think it's almost unfair.

Jerrshoe

Yeah...they're that good, but the second bat is so you have something to swing while youre waiting on your warranty replacement.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I assumed rumpke was gsl. Check out the rain rain go away thread in the Midwest section. I don't know if anyone that plays at rumpke, but there's probably someone in there that does. They might let you try a bat or two.

Dan240

Addicted to Softballfans
I assumed rumpke was gsl. Check out the rain rain go away thread in the Midwest section. I don't know if anyone that plays at rumpke, but there's probably someone in there that does. They might let you try a bat or two.
Probably the best way. Try swinging what other people have & let that help your decision. I've traded a lot of bats that way. Someone will swing something I have & like it & I'll like something they have better. Trying them out always seems better than going off reviews.

Cincy17

Probably the best way. Try swinging what other people have & let that help your decision. I've traded a lot of bats that way. Someone will swing something I have & like it & I'll like something they have better. Trying them out always seems better than going off reviews.

Yeah my buddy just bought the Demarini Dinger Slinger I'm going to hit a few with that and see how it goes

Party mafia

Yeah my buddy just bought the Demarini Dinger Slinger I'm going to hit a few with that and see how it goes
i wish my teamates have $300 bats like the DC-41, the miken freak 30 aka highlighter, dinger slinger, newsbreed, or mercy so i can try it out.