bat options

freonfreak82

Star Player
our asa league hasnt switched to the 52/300 balls yet and prolly wont til next year. with that said i swing a 2012 z1k currently, have a few of em actually. i like the way it swings but recently swung a new ultra and love that as well. the guy running our team doesnt buy expensive balls so they are junk, prolly why the z is more successful that the other bats they have. anyway, would it benefit me to stick with the z or go to the ultra? given that we wont be using very good balls.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
Use what suits your swing. The new stamps are great on the 44s but durability becomes an issue. If you want performance and durability, go with an OG like a MUT98, flex, or extended.

freonfreak82

Star Player
well i have a guy wanting to buy one of my z1k's and i was planning on buying an ultra with that... just wondering if thats going to gain me anything...

j-bomber55

Addicted to Softballfans
The z's hit the mush better from what i've seen, i've asked lot of ppl that hit the ultra and the majority say they hit the 44 well but you shouldn't let everyone swing it or swing it in cold weather, one of the guys i know/talk to that knows his miken said its better the fx and nxt he'd take the ultra any day. Lucky sum ***** gets to hit all year long wish i lived by him, he gets to hit pretty much year round!!

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
The z's hit the mush better from what i've seen, i've asked lot of ppl that hit the ultra and the majority say they hit the 44 well but you shouldn't let everyone swing it or swing it in cold weather, one of the guys i know/talk to that knows his miken said its better the fx and nxt he'd take the ultra any day. Lucky sum ***** gets to hit all year long wish i lived by him, he gets to hit pretty much year round!!

Ultra poops on the fx and NXT. Then again, so do most bats.

Reaper 13

Part Time Player
If you have a stock pile of z's then it probably wouldn't hurt to unload one of 'em just to keep the ultra in your bag anyways. That way you will have the best of both worlds but just be down 1 z.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
The FX is absolute garbage.. At least in my experience. But to be fair IDK if its even broken in yet.

At least one of the fx models is complete ass until 500-700 swings, and then does get pretty decent. The NXT is better than the fx, but both were surpassed by a lot of what else was out from Easton, Combat, LS, Demarini, Mizuno. Miken stepped up their game for 2013, but they're still playing a lot of catch up.

j-bomber55

Addicted to Softballfans
My fx wasn't bad, wasn't the greatest but wasn't bad, it had probably 700 or so swings but i sold it to try something new. Looking forward to the ultra max if it was anything like the nrg max i will be in love!

freonfreak82

Star Player
well i sold one of my z's tonight so that leaves me with a balanced and an endload... guy wants to buy another one but not sure if i wanna sell it... my luck is itd break then id be screwed.. so in the 250.00 and below range what would yall say is the best asa bat for mush 44/375 balls, eveil 44/375 balls and the new 52/300 balls? i can play all year long i live in central texas. thanks for any advice in advance

tfisher8

Manager
well i sold one of my z's tonight so that leaves me with a balanced and an endload... guy wants to buy another one but not sure if i wanna sell it... my luck is itd break then id be screwed.. so in the 250.00 and below range what would yall say is the best asa bat for mush 44/375 balls, eveil 44/375 balls and the new 52/300 balls? i can play all year long i live in central texas. thanks for any advice in advance

The way the market is right now.. You can get 2 bats for 250..

freonfreak82

Star Player
well i mean i was kinda referring to a new one.. but i mean, i have swung the nxt and dont like it, not really a fan of any worth's, havent swung easton in a while, never hit a demarini, so just looking for whatever advice i can get

Dirt27

Cage Bomb Hero
The store was running a sale on Mikens, pm Coach. I love the Ultra but am not a fan of the Z. Just don't let it become a team bat or it won't last.

Chrisbailey

The Veteran
our asa league hasnt switched to the 52/300 balls yet and prolly wont til next year. with that said i swing a 2012 z1k currently, have a few of em actually. i like the way it swings but recently swung a new ultra and love that as well. the guy running our team doesnt buy expensive balls so they are junk, prolly why the z is more successful that the other bats they have. anyway, would it benefit me to stick with the z or go to the ultra? given that we wont be using very good balls.

Demarini fudawg if you like super stiff
Demarini j3a if you like the flex
Worth 454 mutant
Miken triad3
All 4 bats hit 44/375's and 52/300's great
My team has all the new bats like its going to magically make us better. Lol
But we put a ton of bp on them with both balls and have no issues with any of them

dgambill85

Banned User
Look I'm not trying to be an ass but do you ever make your own decisions? Every week there is a new thread fr you asking for opinions on what you should do. With that said. I wouldn't get an ultra id get a flipper since you like the z so much. Especially if you're hitting **** balls.

freonfreak82

Star Player
well just trying to bounce ideas off yall. for some reason i think some of you might know a little more than i do... and its funny i havent posted anything in like 3 weeks so i guess youre referring to someone else... i dunno maybe youre mistaken.. either way i appreciate the advice and help from the other board bros for giving me the knowledge they have.