Bat prices/sales??

NeuroSB

Trying to figure out when is a good time to buy a new 2017. Seems like Eastons and Louisville go on sale pretty quick, but Miken and Worth just don't seem to go on sale at all. Is that pretty much the case? Keeping my eye on the freak pt 12 utrip but doesn't seem like there moving from the price. I thought with new '18 line out the price would drop.

Party mafia

Trying to figure out when is a good time to buy a new 2017. Seems like Eastons and Louisville go on sale pretty quick, but Miken and Worth just don't seem to go on sale at all. Is that pretty much the case? Keeping my eye on the freak pt 12 utrip but doesn't seem like there moving from the price. I thought with new '18 line out the price would drop.
The only bats that drop in prices are the details demarini utrip bats like the dinger slinger, vision that I seen so far. Check out where cheap bats are sold and all American rejects athletics Oakland A's for the demarini. I haven't see any dramatic price drops on the miken or worth bats yet.

NeuroSB

if an extra $100 is that big of a deal, you shouldn't be buying a bat at all.
Not a big deal, I'm just frugal. I would rather buy 3 bats for the price of 1. Like the 16 Demarini stadium 22, the 16 combat PTL, and the 16 Easton BB I got NIW for < 300$. Sure they take a little more work to break in but isn't that part of the fun? If I can get a Miken or worth for 50% of the original sticker, why the hell would I pay full price. That logic is why most ppl are in debt.

Country469

I don't have time to break bats in and and $229 for freak 30 was worth it. Used it all season and now will use my return for next years bat.

NeuroSB

So you bought a new Miken, trashed it in one season, and are getting a replacement? Only you hitting it?

Kodiak1

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't have time to break bats in and and $229 for freak 30 was worth it. Used it all season and now will use my return for next years bat.
Exactly why bats are so expensive. Use it all year, now crack it against a phone pole for the "warranty "...

Same people bitching about Monsta and Anarchy and no warranties

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I don't really hate anybody...especially on a softball forum. I was referring to agreeing with you.

Hiltz

Built for comfort

Exactly why bats are so expensive. Use it all year, now crack it against a phone pole for the "warranty "...

Not that I agree with breaking bats on purpose, but the cost of warranty replacements is factored into the price. If you buy a bat and get a replacement when it breaks, Miken makes money. If you don't get a replacement, Miken makes more money. Certain bats remain expensive simply because people are willing to keep paying the asking price.

Kodiak1

Addicted to Softballfans
Not that I agree with breaking bats on purpose, but the cost of warranty replacements is factored into the price. If you buy a bat and get a replacement when it breaks, Miken makes money. If you don't get a replacement, Miken makes more money. Certain bats remain expensive simply because people are willing to keep paying the asking price.
So, the price of bats goes down without warranties. I don't appreciate paying more so jerks can abuse the situation.

Party mafia

Miken, Worth, Demarini should sell all their new bats for $200 without any warranty; If you want warranty, you pay an extra $100 for the one year warranty.

Country469

So you bought a new Miken, trashed it in one season, and are getting a replacement? Only you hitting it?

It won't pass compression, the end cap is cracked and separating and the bat is not legal for tourney or league anymore. I played MAYBE 30 games at most with it, no bp.

Country469

Same people bitching about Monsta and Anarchy and no warranties

WTF are you yapping about? Bats are expensive because I used it until it wasn't legal anymore and am now using the warranty I paid for? If that's a problem for you, then **** off.

Who said I was breaking anything? Its nowhere near passing compression and the end cap is cracked and no allowed in play. You people assume **** on here too much.

Country469

Stupid noobs thinking they know everything but you ass clowns are wrong as usual. Simpletons of the OSPB.

NeuroSB

It won't pass compression, the end cap is cracked and separating and the bat is not legal for tourney or league anymore. I played MAYBE 30 games at most with it, no bp.
Then my question would be...is it worth the money? Seems Eastons and Louisvilles have a much longer life. If you could get comfortable hitting with one $100 that lasted you 4 seasons...is it worth the money of a Miken or Worth? Its a legitimate question...I'm not being snarky.

huzzdog

retired
Then my question would be...is it worth the money? Seems Eastons and Louisvilles have a much longer life. If you could get comfortable hitting with one $100 that lasted you 4 seasons...is it worth the money of a Miken or Worth? Its a legitimate question...I'm not being snarky.
the simple answer is how important is performance to you. i could drive a camry and get to work... won't be as fast as an infinity. what are you willing to pay for?

Country469

Yes, I don't have time to practice and take BP 2x a week like when I was younger and single. I play a couple big tourneys a year and some league. The freak 30 was game ready right away, and that alone was worth $50 to me. I used to keep bats for BP and have a bunch of em, now I keep one. Performance wise its so far above anything I've ever used out of the wrapper I don't know what to even compare it to.

NeuroSB

So whats everyones preference? Miken or Worth. I was kind of dialed in on picking up either the Miken Freak 30 or PT 12 (I typically like a stiffer handle).