Bat Question

barra_300

Addicted to Softballfans
Asking all the DeMarini folks, which bats would hold up to a 44-400 or 44-375 ball. We play ISA and they are considering ball changes. I don't know much about DeMarini, so need some help. Was not sure if the ASA stamped bats were only for 52-300 balls. Thanks guys.

awatkicker24

Part Time Player
Asking all the DeMarini folks, which bats would hold up to a 44-400 or 44-375 ball. We play ISA and they are considering ball changes. I don't know much about DeMarini, so need some help. Was not sure if the ASA stamped bats were only for 52-300 balls. Thanks guys.

The dual stamp demarinis like the one, future, and legacy are good and handle those balls well if u play both ISA and ASA. Those harder balls would be bad for an ASA only demarini.

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
My Cluggy hits any ball and is super durable. I have around 1500 cuts on my gamer and I broke it in with 47 450 ZN ball. It is webbed up and has a small paint (seam) crack. Cant beat the price on them from SBF either. 199 with a free 30 dollar gift card.

THESHOE

Starting Player
End Load.

Future is EL. 12" barrel (I could be wrong here, but I also think it had a beefier EL than the CL22 bats as well)

One is Balanced. 13" barrel

I would be inclined to agree with everyone else suggesting the Dual Stamp lines for this purpose.

The Ones we have up here have withstood any kinda of ball from 52/300 to 47/500 and 44cor etc. Hot as heck and still kicking strong.

What is the difference between Future and the One?

barra_300

Addicted to Softballfans
End Load.

Future is EL. 12" barrel (I could be wrong here, but I also think it had a beefier EL than the CL22 bats as well)

One is Balanced. 13" barrel

I would be inclined to agree with everyone else suggesting the Dual Stamp lines for this purpose.

The Ones we have up here have withstood any kinda of ball from 52/300 to 47/500 and 44cor etc. Hot as heck and still kicking strong.

Thanks for the info.
Is there any difference in years of the ONE, or the special paint Yeti or Chupacabra.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Paint..........................^^^^^^^^^
I do feel that the Future feels different at the point of contact than the ONE. AND I LIKE IT!!!!!!!

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
Only one future...CL22 ASA a.k.a cluggy has a decent EL also. I have five of them. I personally like the cluggy better and can find the sweet spot easier then the Future. But there are a lot of futures in every league I play in. Both great bats.

THESHOE

Starting Player
I can't stress it enough though, for the ball you're using stick to a dual stamp.

ASA only new stamp is not designed for balls harder than 52/300. While some may say my ____ has lasted ____ hits, it could be they are a weaker hitter or having good luck. This could mean warranty voided, if for any reason Demarini determines the bat broke due to hitting harder balls than 52/300. Unlikely to happen frankly, but still a possibility.

The dual stamp will break in with some love, and hit the 52's well, but also perform as good as a Utrip bat would with the harder balls. My 2015 One was as good as the CL22 Utrip bat. The difference came down to the load and 12" vs 13" barrels only.

In terms of your question about differences, someone else said paint. I find this true between the 2015 ONE and the Ltd Ed Yeti and Chupa (Kraken was a CL22 Ltd Ed Paint)

The 2014 ONE was good, and once broken in I would say on the same level as the 2015. But the 2015 for us took a lot less work to get going and get hot. At the prices they go for now, the 2015 is the no brainer choice.

Can't speak for the 2016 yet. Haven't swung it and not likely to. :thumb:

Last edited:

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
The only demarini bats that are for 52/300 only is Aftermaths. The others all do fine. Just don't go hit bp with 44/400 balls when its 40 degree's out. If you want a bat you can bp a ton go with any of One line bats or Cluggy, Future even Mercy. Juggy and Aftermath I would bp few swings here and there as those bats are game ready very quickly. I put 100 cuts on my new Juggy with 47/450 stadiums in 75 degrees. Another 40 with 44/375 in 60 degrees and bat is holding up great. But I will only take few swings here and there and game only from now on. Cluggy I will bp until it gets so loud that sounds like a bomb going off.

FCC(SW)RET

Star Player
If you can find them, Original Juggernauts (2008, first batch), J2 (2009) and J2 FSE (2010) would also be great bats for that Association. Also the original CL22, The ONE (2010). I've used those in work tournaments, and we were using NSA balls of .40/400, and .44/375 balls.

Last edited:

barra_300

Addicted to Softballfans
If you can find them, Original Juggernauts (2008, first batch), J2 (2009) and J2 FSE (2010) would also be great bats for that Association. Also the original CL22, The ONE (2010). I've used those in work tournaments, and we were using NSA balls of .40/400, and .44/375 balls.

Original Juggy, like the OTC. There is one selling here locally.