Bat recommendations for 44/375 ball please

Lets_rahk

Addicted to Softballfans
So getting back into softball this year after many years and I've been trying to see what I should be looking for in a bat. The league I'm in is using 44/375 balls and ASA or ISA approved bats are legal.

I keep reading that for the 52 balls any new bat is fine but we will be using 44/375. Also I know bat preference on weighting is personal preference, but this bat would be used by about half the team, namely the non-power hitters looking for a hotter bat. Our bombers already have their own bats, so I'm not as worried about durability. Hot out of the wrapper is preferred cause obviously break in time is longer for weaker hitters such as myself.

Price point I'd say <$200 if you're gonna give specific bat recommendations. Thanks in advance for any help. And you can see what's in my bag currently from before as well and I don't know if the Combat Supremacy or Miken 600 are legal anymore? :(

Last edited:

MaStEr IrOc

2016 or older bats. I ended up with a2016 demarini juggy and has been a great bat. Older Easton is a good bat that will last forever. Nothing new, all will have durability issues as you have read.

And from what I've been told, combat last forever too.

As for the bats you have, I'm not familiar but I'm sure as long as it's got the appropriate stamp it should be g2g

Lets_rahk

Addicted to Softballfans
2016 or older bats. I ended up with a2016 demarini juggy and has been a great bat. Older Easton is a good bat that will last forever. Nothing new, all will have durability issues as you have read.

And from what I've been told, combat last forever too.

As for the bats you have, I'm not familiar but I'm sure as long as it's got the appropriate stamp it should be g2g

When people talk about durability issues though, what's considered non durable? Like how many swings? I guess what I don't quite understand is, in the past, bats that came hot out of the wrapper tended to not last as long as the ones that took a long time to break in. Also, since I'm not a power hitter, I'd assume it last a lot longer for me than most people on this forum hitting HR bombs.

MaStEr IrOc

When people talk about durability issues though, what's considered non durable? Like how many swings? I guess what I don't quite understand is, in the past, bats that came hot out of the wrapper tended to not last as long as the ones that took a long time to break in. Also, since I'm not a power hitter, I'd assume it last a lot longer for me than most people on this forum hitting HR bombs.

I had a 2016 flipper USA. Playing in 2 leagues only 2 timestime week total. Bat was broken before the 1 year was up. I'm not a power hittier either, I'm usually lead off. Had a couple other people swing it a little bit, but it was sent in for warranty replacement

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Using 44,s aye......Lucy bastard.
Any bat will work. Just take lots of bp and work on your swing.

Sloth91

boombah t3's if you're looking to buy brand new. if you're looking for cheap used, buy my easton l6 26oz, it's a tank and isn't even broken in yet ;)

Normy

Why's that? 2 of my 3 current bats are combat. Maybe I'm just that weak of a slap hitter :(
I've never hit 44's with them. Just going by what others have said. Compared to these latest and greatest fine China sticks, Combats with hard stuff might be the ticket.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
I would say the Boombah T3 Compressor would be a good option. It seems to hold up to all balls, rather hot, and at your price point.

Why's that? 2 of my 3 current bats are combat. Maybe I'm just that weak of a slap hitter :(

You could be like the guys in my league who take the PED ring out.....straight fire. But then I'd call you out during the game that you're swinging an altered bat.

Sorry.....a little bitter :)