bat sales question

sjl

Addicted to Softballfans
if I have a bat that I bought back in 2010 and still have the receipt, is it returnable? Are bats returnable after 4 years? this is a very dump question but I see a lot of older bats that say returnable w/receipt and the bat looks like it is 4 or 5 years old not NIW.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
the bats are returnable if you have a valid receipt. some mom and pop shops still have old bats on hand. if they are authorized dealers, they can sell them with valid receipts still and returns will be honored. at the local sports store here, I seen a easton SCN6 which is from 2008. if i were to buy it today and it broke within 400 days, easton would still honor it, but they would probably call the store to verify since these cases are not the norm.

in your case, no. you can not return your bat that was bought 4 years ago and return it with that 4 year old receipt. unless it had a lifetime warranty like some models have had in the past. like the decker enigma

Joker

i would think you could go to the manufacturers website and read their warranty policy, but i have common sense

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i would think you could go to the manufacturers website and read their warranty policy, but i have common sense

this, but i can see how it can be confusing with some of the sales that come with receipt on an old ass bat.

sjl

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree with all of you, and that is what it has said on the warranties on all the bats I bought. I am just confused when I am selling a bat and state that it is about 4 years old that a potential buyer would ask if it is returnable. Just thought I might be missing something.

AMathis

Star Player
Bats that haven't been returned are generally returnable if they were sold with a warranty. If someone were to have a legitimate receipt for the exact model of bat you are selling that is within 1 year or 400 days of today then technically they can break and return that bat for a new one as companies cant verify older bats like louisville slugger and easton are doing now with barcodes and bat registration (imo all companies will go to this soon)

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
the convention would be to list it as 'returnable no receipt'.

for some reason ppl seem to value bats stamped with 'no return' less than bats with expired warranties.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bats that haven't been returned are generally returnable if they were sold with a warranty. If someone were to have a legitimate receipt for the exact model of bat you are selling that is within 1 year or 400 days of today then technically they can break and return that bat for a new one as companies cant verify older bats like louisville slugger and easton are doing now with barcodes and bat registration (imo all companies will go to this soon)
That's fraud.
the convention would be to list it as 'returnable no receipt'.

for some reason ppl seem to value bats stamped with 'no return' less than bats with expired warranties.

Exactly.

SammyJaxxx

Starting Player

SO you think it is ok to steal?

Hiltz

Built for comfort
He never said he thought it was ok, he said "technically" it can be done. And technically, he's right.

AMathis

Star Player
It happens, and if you think it doesn't happen you're kidding yourself. If you have a receipt for a bat and you buy the same bat from a friend. The bat you bought from your friend breaks. The date on the receipt is about up. You're telling me you won't send the broken bat in with your valid receipt? I've Never bought a broken bat to use with a receipt, but I've seen it happen.

SammyJaxxx

Starting Player
If you have a receipt for a bat and you buy the same bat from a friend. The bat you bought from your friend breaks. The date on the receipt is about up. You're telling me you won't send the broken bat in with your valid receipt?

No I wouldn't. It is pretty simple, it is wrong to steal. I learned that when I was about 4.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Wow...a lot of panties in a bunch up in hurr... Op was just asking the technical reason of why we put "returnable" in a thread...