Bat shopping

JN137

As far as 240s go, the newer LS Genesis are by far the most popular bat I see in tourneys. Probably 80% or more honestly.. With some Tantrums sprinkled in and whoever could get their hands on a Proton.

That being said, I had 2 Louisville's in 2023 and could understand the hype to an extent.. but as soon as I got my hands on a Proton I sold both of my LS's and never looked back. By far the best 240 bat I have swung and it's not even close IMO. (Haven't swung the new Anarchy's though, have heard some good things)

Last edited:

zschaefer

The Veteran
This is a debate as old as time - Of course i'm biased - I love Louisville and think we make one of the best products on the market today - but there are a TON of great products being put into the slowpitch market today - some fit others preferences better than others.

jhitman

This is a debate as old as time - Of course i'm biased - I love Louisville and think we make one of the best products on the market today - but there are a TON of great products being put into the slowpitch market today - some fit others preferences better than others.

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I like the fact that Louisville is coming out with so many similar models with different barrels as well as loads. It gives you a choice of whatever fits your liking. I usually swing Miken's, but really like the LS line as well as the Tantrum's.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
Finally got some cuts off of live pitching with the Nautalai. It's the 2024 midload which is the white bat. Still pretty stiff and will need a lot more swings to open up but it was driving the ball nicely. Should be a very good bat in another 300 hits.

basilray

I've done 2 BP sessions with it, about 50 swings each. So far so good
I think there was a batch w/ bad paint adhesion. In one of the Anarchy groups on FB, they said they'd replace any affected.
Finally got some cuts off of live pitching with the Nautalai. It's the 2024 midload which is the white bat. Still pretty stiff and will need a lot more swings to open up but it was driving the ball nicely. Should be a very good bat in another 300 hits.
I haven't swung a DeMarini for Utrip since the OG white balanced Nautalai. I put a ton of swings on it, and never really felt like it "opened up". I should revisit them in the 240 era. I was very much Team DeMarini for a long while.

jhitman

LS is HUGELY popular here in CO. I'd say like 50% (or more) guys here have them. Never see Protons.

I'm here in Maryland and yet to see anyone swinging a Proton. They may be good bats, but expensive AF like you said. I shop for bats a lot and usually can find something just as good for half the price. And I don't mind taking a lot of BP and soft toss to get it broken in.

JN137

I think there was a batch w/ bad paint adhesion. In one of the Anarchy groups on FB, they said they'd replace any affected.
I've now gotten around 150 swing or so on it - 3 rounds of BP and 2 tournaments and no issues at all. Just some light webbing early on that hasn't gotten any worse. Super happy with it so far, the thin handle is something I really like.