Bat Weight Question (Ritch's Superior)

Last Canadian E

Part Time Player
I have been looking to get a new bat, and have a few leads on some Ritch's Superior bats. I swung a 30oz all year this year, but was thinking of going lighter. Anyone know if these bats run heavy or light? For instance, if I was looking at a 26oz and a 30oz, are they really that weight? I searched for a while and never really found an answers.

Those bats are weighted differently than they are now. They used to have quite an endload. You would definitely by fine with a 29oz. 28oz. might feel a little light, but it's a different sort of swing given the balance point.

Fred LaFazia

Addicted to Softballfans
ritch's superior

I have a 28oz. It weighs 27.9oz with original grip and the balance point is 19.5 inches from the knob. It's the green Ritch's.

Last Canadian E

Part Time Player
After looking at a ton of posts, thinking maybe the 26oz is the way to go afterall. I know size doesn't always play a factor, I am 6' and 225lbs, and always thought 26oz would be too light. I was thinking about getting the 27oz Easton Rival, so maybe it is not that far fetched. My league has an insane bat list, so bats a lot of posters recommend as good single wall metal bats can't even be used, and if they can, you have to be a woman or over a certain age....

frdvschvy

Addicted to Softballfans
After looking at a ton of posts, thinking maybe the 26oz is the way to go afterall. I know size doesn't always play a factor, I am 6' and 225lbs, and always thought 26oz would be too light. I was thinking about getting the 27oz Easton Rival, so maybe it is not that far fetched. My league has an insane bat list, so bats a lot of posters recommend as good single wall metal bats can't even be used, and if they can, you have to be a woman or over a certain age....

Wow, sounds like a serious banned bat list! My league has a pretty tight list as well but the Anderson Nanotek managed to sneak through. Is the Nanotek allowed in your league?

Last Canadian E

Part Time Player
Wow, sounds like a serious banned bat list! My league has a pretty tight list as well but the Anderson Nanotek managed to sneak through. Is the Nanotek allowed in your league?

Nope, Flextech and Pyrotech 2010 are the only Anderson bats allowed. Nanotek SPA 01102733 is for women and men over 65. Nanotek SP is banned altogether.

See what I mean? Hence my chase for a 15 year old bat, haha.