Bat weight

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
^^^^ :rolleyes: Says the man with 27k posts :rolleyes: ^^^^

Mr. Pot - meet Mr. Black

And I liked your other avy better - IJS

I'm just saying.............The standard is, "Swing the heaviest bat you can without sacrificing bat speed or control." It doesn't take a 4000 word essay to say that.

RT Addict

\m/NEED MORE COWBELL\m/
I'm just saying.............The standard is, "Swing the heaviest bat you can without sacrificing bat speed or control." It doesn't take a 4000 word essay to say that.

I got that... I am just bored here in the jungle and the damn monkeys are gettin smarter... :D

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
Way too much thought in this.........Are you impressed with yourself?

Not usually.... but compared to some of the drivel posted on this board to wile away unproductive time, I suppose it could be a temptation... :rolleyes:

It was only 142 words (made up of 626 characters, not counting spaces)... just to be accurate... :p

%%%

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Not usually.... but compared to some of the drivel posted on this board to wile away unproductive time, I suppose it could be a temptation... :rolleyes:

It was only 142 words (made up of 626 characters, not counting spaces)... just to be accurate... :p

%%%

I can't argue with any of this.

RobinMichaels

Addicted to Softballfans
ok, this is making me feel wimpy. I am 6'3 265 and can rep that 225 like the other guy but swing 27 and 28 oz bats because that is what feels comfortable. I feel so useless and insignificant now. :(

kja

Da Gooooochi
When i strated playing softball i was swinging 28oz just cause i thought i needed a heavy bat to hit the ball harder. I've worked down to 26oz, which is what i swing now. I love my bat speed with the 26oz & i see better distance/control due to it. Maybe its just me & it fits my swing. IDK..

derickatm

Addicted to Softballfans
yes. there is a diff between being fat and being strong. being fat big doesn't automatically mean you're strong enough to swing a heavy bat. if i were big and strong, i'd entertain a larger bat. until then, i'll stick with my 26s and 27s. i think you may need to look into fast pitch bats.

Losdoyers13

6'7" 296 lbs.. All I swing is 28 oz supermax! Owned a few 30oz balanced juggys and hit well with them but distance was better with lighter and heavier endload. my heavier scaled bats 29 oz etc make me pop up and dip too much

jstrong

They love to hate me
6'7" 296 lbs.. All I swing is 28 oz supermax! Owned a few 30oz balanced juggys and hit well with them but distance was better with lighter and heavier endload. my heavier scaled bats 29 oz etc make me pop up and dip too much

You realize the niner's could use someone of your size on their line right?

squirt

strokin and swingin
6' 3" 315lbs = 275x10 reps bench press.. not sure on max

I swing a 34/26 ssr2 mainly cause of the pop but prefer my 34/24 ssr3b fp cause of how good it feels when i swing.

Dude if you are really that big, then you should be repping 315 EASY!!!! 275 for a guy your size is ***** weight!!!

EaglesFly

Starting Player
I know this is a dumb question - but how universal are bats in terms of weight? I mean, 27 oz is 27oz, but do some 27 oz bats feel much heavier/lighter than other 27 oz bats? Or do you not see TOO big of a difference? I know balance/endload plays a role too. Saying that, Im used to swinging a 28 oz bat and looking in to another one.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
^^ Many bats are varying in weight. Even different bats within the same manufacturers will weigh heavy or light. Best bet is to use the search function here on the forums and do some research before you buy a bat.

danhawks

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a 26 oz bat and traded for a 30 because I just felt like I could pull against the heavier bat better. I don't know how else to say it. The lighter bat gave me very little counter. The fast bat speed doesn't help you much if you let the barrel get ahead of your hands before contact.