Bat wobble/click. Good or bad?

Bat wobble

• Breaking down

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Heating up

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Shmoney

What up ya’ll. So I’ve heard both ways on this one. Some say a wobble is bad and the bat is breaking down. Others say it’s heating up and actually has more pop. Just trying to get some clarification before dropping money on a used bat. Any feedback much appreciated. Bless up.

Normy

The only wobble I've ever had was the bat knob. So I really don't have the foggiest idea what you're referring to. Bless up!

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
likely talking about an older easton wobbling/clicking at the cxn piece. to my knowledge, the wobble itself has no bearing on performance but does generally mean that it has a good amount of use on it. many umpires (especially fastpitch) will have the bat removed from play.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
click and wobble on the old cxn pieces didn't make performance good or bad in and of itself as someone mentioned. But with those bats it did indicate that the bad had a ton of hits and was probably well broken in.

for example, i bought 2 SCN4B's from a mother who's kid was going to college and would have bats provided to her. 1 was clicking and wobbling like crazy and the other was hardly used. the hardly used one sold for way less than the click and wobble one went for. i bought each for 50 bucks and sold them each for over quadruple what i paid.

today's bats the construction is different. I'm not sure if a click/wobble affects performance. I'd gather its the same indicator as the old eastons

jkwoody22

League ball huer
My asa z’s used to wobble and get really wiggly when swinging, I couldn’t do it and most of the umps would throw them out for fear of separating, I had to twist them tight before each at bat, it was weird