Bats for 16" softball?

Rob Gregory

I play wheelchair softball and we use a 16" ball. There has basically only been one study that I can find on bats for 16" slow pitch softball. The results seem to say that the harder, the heavier, the least amount of flex, the better, because there is more give in the 16" ball.

I am a power hitter and like a 1oz end load. I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what a great new bat would be for 16" softball. It seems like senior bats might be the way to go. But we have no limitations on how hot a bat can be or anything like that.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
DeBeer Clinchers are great bats for 16". Trouble is finding one for a decent price. I used an old Worth Toxic wood bat at one point that worked well, and a teammate had a Demarini Windy City that was pretty solid. It honestly isn't like 12", where bats are noticeably different in power though.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Does anyone have any thought on something like Worth The Grand for 16"? Think that would have too much flex?
It seems that you want to use a composite bat, that said as stated in post #2 above the performance (hotness) of any composite bat is irrelevant when playing 16" ball. The stiffest handle worth makes is a flex 100 I believe, so if you are infact set on using composite that may be the way to go. Or perhaps a one piece anarchy or any of the linear multi stamp bats with stiff handle like a demarini omega or any of their composite offerings with aluminum/stiff handle.

blakcherry329

It seems that you want to use a composite bat, that said as stated in post #2 above the performance (hotness) of any composite bat is irrelevant when playing 16" ball. The stiffest handle worth makes is a flex 100 I believe, so if you are infact set on using composite that may be the way to go. Or perhaps a one piece anarchy or any of the linear multi stamp bats with stiff handle like a demarini omega or any of their composite offerings with aluminum/stiff handle.
Or a Catalyst from the early 2000s.(red, yellow, or green)