Batting Practice

TBSteve

Part Time Player
Hey folks - wondering what the best balls are for batting practice as far as durability and quality? I have a dozen Evil BPs that hold up pretty well. I play mainly ASA so I stick to 52/300 compression. THanks!

jhitman

The Evil BP balls are very durable and built for batting practice. I have them and they hold up in all temps. The ones I'm talking about are the orange and white ones.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
They're cheaper (synthetics), and I've heard they repel water better so they won't become waterlogged. If you're concerned about bp showbombs though, they won't fly anywhere near as well. I prefer to use lesser balls for bp so I don't overestimate my actual skill though.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
Evils are gtg, very durable. Besides Evils I've never bought balls just for BP, I always have enough extra that are too scuffed/dirty for games.

Qoheleth52

Addicted to Softballfans
The white and orange Evils aren't 52s, but the yellow and Orange ones are--and they actually fly pretty well. I've finally had to throw most of mine out, they started to sound like marshmallows and were getting kind of square. Just go with whatever you can get the cheapest.