Battle of rings

kgvv

Addicted to Softballfans
It's a made up tournament by Huch. and the qualifications are such that if you play in his tournaments you can play in that one. So doesn't matter what your overall record is.

rolo030

Addicted to Softballfans
Qualification for that tourny goes by lonestar points. The more lonestar tourneys you play in (and the better you do in said tournys) the more points you get.

luckyc1423

The Veteran
Don't worry, most of those team will be stacked anyway when you get there. lol

so once you qualify for the rings your roster isnt frozen? this could come in handy if we need pickups :)

But i thought once you qualify your frozen? how do you become frozen then?

kgvv

Addicted to Softballfans
That's where a lot of the classification stuff gets confusing. Huch has his version of state and then there is the USSSA ACTUAL state. You are frozen before utrip state. Likewise, you could play (assuming you are D) the rings state on a C team, but play utrip state on an E team and the next year you would be E.

He has a good thought process for his tournaments, but the prizes dont match the cost to get into them. But that's a whole other issue.

Miroh23

Addicted to Softballfans
That's where a lot of the classification stuff gets confusing. Huch has his version of state and then there is the USSSA ACTUAL state. You are frozen before utrip state. Likewise, you could play (assuming you are D) the rings state on a C team, but play utrip state on an E team and the next year you would be E.

He has a good thought process for his tournaments, but the prizes dont match the cost to get into them. But that's a whole other issue.

So if you get on an E roster, you could essentially be considered an E player? If so, y'all should do it and dominate E again. lol

kgvv

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes. Well we would need to disband head first. then find enough e teams that have room to pick up our guys as bumps and play state. Similarly how Lethal Assult ended up winning state in 2010

SmokeDK42

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes and then never won another tournament again...lol

Have you seen that he is doing an All-Star game on friday night? How do the selections work on something like that? Another question since i am not in charge of putting our team into this but is this a free-be for the qualified teams or will we have to pay to enter?

Miroh23

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes. Well we would need to disband head first. then find enough e teams that have room to pick up our guys as bumps and play state. Similarly how Lethal Assult ended up winning state in 2010

Lol he only had 5 or 6 head first/ renegades guys playing that year.

Joe, put me on your roster for the rest of the year! lol

svidrine

Addicted to Softballfans
almost correct

He has a qualifier in there as well for what roster you were on as of June 1. I was off the Woodpeckers roster May 21 and played Estate with an E team to get reclassified to E. If I had stayed on the woodpecker roster into June then I would have been bumped to C along with the rest of them.

So two qualifing factors to the classification. Also, he said big changes are coming for next year. It will be similar to the N Texas system in 2013.

kgvv

Addicted to Softballfans
The system needs an overhaul. It hard for the small ammount of people to look over the hunreds of teams in STX, but there has to be a better way. Too many ppl can just write in names on the roster at the tournament or give false data to play where they want.

Hugo, the only d players were Grove, holland, and myself. Luckily it was the rest of the guys 1st year. that was a fun tournament. I will never forget watching you, grove, and holland trying to walk out of PJs with all the chafing yall were complaining about. It was hilarious watching you guys waddle out of there.

Miroh23

Addicted to Softballfans
The system needs an overhaul. It hard for the small ammount of people to look over the hunreds of teams in STX, but there has to be a better way. Too many ppl can just write in names on the roster at the tournament or give false data to play where they want.

Hugo, the only d players were Grove, holland, and myself. Luckily it was the rest of the guys 1st year. that was a fun tournament. I will never forget watching you, grove, and holland trying to walk out of PJs with all the chafing yall were complaining about. It was hilarious watching you guys waddle out of there.

Ha Ha Yeah it was pretty bad. I think jason had baby powder so that made it a little better. It was tough trying to walk, much less run the bases.

kgvv

Addicted to Softballfans
Seriously Kyle. Did you just ask if Huch's tournament would be free? Wow. No, I think we had to pay, but I can't remember. My invitation email didnt say anything about cost. I think that he only gave 11 or 12 rings too. I believe Wharton ended up having to pay $600 to get a ring for everyone. No clue about the allstar game, but I would imagine it would be like N v S.

SmokeDK42

Addicted to Softballfans
Seriously Kyle. Did you just ask if Huch's tournament would be free? Wow. No, I think we had to pay, but I can't remember. My invitation email didnt say anything about cost. I think that he only gave 11 or 12 rings too. I believe Wharton ended up having to pay $600 to get a ring for everyone. No clue about the allstar game, but I would imagine it would be like N v S.

Yes i did ask if it was free...call it wishful thinking mixed in a little bit of sarcasm.:rolleyes:

RJ5

Coach

Karl that's not funny, I was on the list of walking out like that and it sucked!!! I was also included in the first year group so I wasn't classified as anything.