Buyer Beware Be careful when dealing with mikey31478

cjs_82

Addicted to Softballfans
For some reason, when I started this thread it wouldn't let me post it without selecting a prefix, so I just used buyer beware (wasn't any other option for this post really). just wanted it to say be careful when dealing with mikey31478.

I had a not gtg thread on Mikey as many of you may know. I have deleted that thread because he took care of his deal with me, refunded me my money and shipped me the bag for free. This is not a gtg or ngtg thread, just a neutral feedback regarding him. If I was ever to deal with him again, I would require that he ship first, just my opinion. Below is the main paragraph that I copied from the original ngtg thread. Again, thanks mikey for making things right and for the roller bag.

"I was supposed to orginally purchase a NIW 27oz balanced miken mv-1 from mikey31478 the 2nd week of march, he told me to send him paypal, then the next day he said his buddy opened it up at a practice and hit it..............so i said nevermind. a week later he said he got another one in so i bought it. I purchased a NIW 27oz balanced miken MV-1 with receipt on thursday march 25th from mikey31478. i sent him $190 paypal as a gift. Then he put a miken roller bag up for sale a couple days later, I sent him $61 paypal as a gift for that on sunday march 28th. I was told it would ship on that monday march 29 and he would give me a tracking number. i pm'd him a couple times asking for tracking info over the next week, heard nothing from him until a week later, and he said he was having family issues, which is understandable and he didn't get to ship it. then told me that he shipped again a few days later and never heard anything back from him. i sent him a message on facebook, and to his yahoo email address asking him what the deal was. he told me he shipped it and i should have it by last saturday april 10. still didn't have it yesterday so i asked him for tracking info, he stated the receipts were at home and he was at work and would send me tracking info as soon as he got home at 9 pm CST last night, april 12. never got anything. this morning, april 13, he sends a text now saying that his buddy shipped my items and he can't get a hold of him to get receipts. so i tell him i just want a refund, i am not worried about the items, i have a very sick newborn at home and i am under a lot of stress, i just want my money back and we are gtg. he tells me he will refund my money as soon as he gets home from work at 4:30 CST. it is now 6 CST and nothing yet except for a text saying that he shipped it and usps must have lost it..............but he shipped 6 things that day so he was looking at the receipts right now to see which one was mine. that was 45 mins ago. still nothing from him. he says he will not refund until he files a claim with usps. but i have no proof that he ever shipped my stuff without a tracking number, right??.............."

In conclusion,
anyways, i never did get a tracking number from him for proof that the items were shipped. I would have deleted the ngtg thread completely if he would have just supplied a tracking number.........but he wouldn't, and to this date i still have no idea why he never gave it to me. He informed me that usps lost my packages and they got ran over by one of their trucks, the mv-1 broke so he is filing a claim to get his money for it from insurance or his warranty. i still received the roller bag for free today, but it had an inch or 2 long rip in the bottom of it and a couple other issues, but hey, it was free and will last me for awhile so i'm not worried about it, just glad he gave it to me. thanks mikey.

Special thanks to AJ for spending a lot of his time that day to help with this matter. We talked on the phone, and he was the middleman for the refund to me. Glad it is all done and over with. Glad I will have AJ to help me again in the future if a matter like this ever comes up again, which I REALLY hope it doesn't. I will be much more careful now.

Last edited:

mikey31478

yes aj did a good job with us, helped communication alot..... glad that all this is taken care of now....

cjs_82

Addicted to Softballfans
Original info updated to thank AJ for the wonderful job he did. I was in a hurry when typing this last night and forgot to include him. sorry