Beckett, Gonzalez, & Crawford to the Dodgers.......

Apoc13

getting too old for this
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Trade Gonzalez bad
Not get Zach Lee bad

I hate stuff.

but now the sox have the cash to sign anybody....and a few prospects to use as trade bait if they want....but losing agon hurts, he's leading the majors in hitting with runners in scoring position

SESC1001

FSU Nation
I am trying to understand who is behind this? It appears Valentine is a cancer manager. Unless the owners have directed the GM to cut salary, the Red Sox will be lucky to win 50 games going forward. The Dodgers are all in trying to win this year and beyond. I wonder how Pedoria feels?

Marshenko

but now the sox have the cash to sign anybody....and a few prospects to use as trade bait if they want....but losing agon hurts, he's leading the majors in hitting with runners in scoring position

... and hey, Lackey is coming back next year! :rolleyes: :)

Like I said... no problem at all with moving Beckett and Crawford. But... you gave up Rizzo and Kelly to get Gonzalez in the first place, so really you're just back in 2010 with no Gonzalez and nifty prospects.

j.bishop

Nothing to see here
I am trying to understand who is behind this? It appears Valentine is a cancer manager. Unless the owners have directed the GM to cut salary, the Red Sox will be lucky to win 50 games going forward. The Dodgers are all in trying to win this year and beyond. I wonder how Pedoria feels?

Ownership is clearly convinced that Valentine is the guy they want. These guys are all Epstien guys that didn't mesh w/ Valentine so they are gone , it looks like they are trying to get rid of anything that has something to do w/ Epstien or Francona and start this whole team over with Cherington and Valentine building it up again. They will have a ton of money to spend and players to trade with this off season so it would not surprise me if they reloaded quickly. It also would not surprise me to see more guys gone like they did w/ Youkilis guys like Pedroia and Ellsbury that don't like Valentine and will bring back a nice haul in free agency or trades.

j.bishop

Nothing to see here

Like I said... no problem at all with moving Beckett and Crawford. But... you gave up Rizzo and Kelly to get Gonzalez in the first place, so really you're just back in 2010 with no Gonzalez and nifty prospects.

I don't think Lackey will be there if he has a good spring training , I'm sure they cant wait to get rid of that contract

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
Dogers getting one good ballplayer and a 275 million bill. The one good ball player plays firstbase... Time a dozen in MLB. Red Sox will be throwing some money around this off season!

rbarker26

Star Player
stupid trade by dodgers. have fun watching the giants play in October while over-paying injured guys past their prime

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?

The cancer is the guys traded... Red Sox will be good next year... they will have BIG BIG money to spend in off season!

Apoc13

getting too old for this

i agree losing rizzo sucks....but the sox got the 2nd and 3rd best dodgers prospects in sands and de la rosa....both project to be solid major league pitchers....the sox have a ton of flexibility now....with beckett, crawford and agon the sox would have basically been the same team for at least the next two years, if not longer, with those financial constraints...and we have seen what kind of team that is

Apoc13

getting too old for this
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo
Adrian Gonzalez is a career .212 hitter in 45 games at Dodger Stadium, the lowest of any park he has played in.

Apoc13

getting too old for this
225057_10151172411752682_943956851_n.jpg

6-4-3

#1 Thread Killer
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo
Adrian Gonzalez is a career .212 hitter in 45 games at Dodger Stadium, the lowest of any park he has played in.

that and he's an opposite field hitter that can't hit home runs at fenway.

SESC1001

FSU Nation
Ownership is clearly convinced that Valentine is the guy they want. These guys are all Epstien guys that didn't mesh w/ Valentine so they are gone , it looks like they are trying to get rid of anything that has something to do w/ Epstien or Francona and start this whole team over with Cherington and Valentine building it up again. They will have a ton of money to spend and players to trade with this off season so it would not surprise me if they reloaded quickly. It also would not surprise me to see more guys gone like they did w/ Youkilis guys like Pedroia and Ellsbury that don't like Valentine and will bring back a nice haul in free agency or trades.

Valentine is only under contract for 1 more year. Crawford deal was good at the time. Crawford was performing at an All-star level. I don't think Crawford had an injury issues when he became a free agent. I agree that LA just screwed themselves with all that money owed to these guys. Beckett could be worth it, IF he decides to focus on baseball. I just don't think Valentine is a good fit for Boston. However, maybe the Red Sox owners knew exactly what they were doing, when they hired him.

Menace7

EBAY LIGHT up in here !
Boston had no choice but to impload that MESS they had going on , plain and simple ... so they did the right thing, unloaded big Salaries to a Dodger team who is showing they arent scared to spend and they are obviously going for the title NOW rather than later.

Bobby V is good with YOUNG talent, so obviously ownership likes Bobby V enough to impload and reload ... Rebuilding in Boston, I love it !! F the sox !

DC427

Silver Slugger
I am not looking forward to facing possibly the best 3,4,5,6 in baseball in Kemp, Gonzalez, Ramirez & Eithier.

j.bishop

Nothing to see here
Yeah I would say 2-6 are as solid as it comes and those 2-6 guys will work magic for Dee Gordon when he comes back, if he has a place to play

HunglowJoe909

Addicted to Softballfans
Boys in the yaa will cool down and the dodgers will finish in 1st.......Hopefully Crawford doesn't end up a bust like Andruw Jones did a couple years ago when he was in Blue......sky's the limit financially with this new ownership....don't count them out on the big name free agents in the off season either . Once Victorino and Blanton are done after the season, Dodgers will spend big $$$ on big arms and a true leadoff hitter.

gbombs

Currently on the DL
Well if this isn't any indication, I don't know what is.. Eithier is now 9-9. Kemp is getting on.