Been away for a while

TMike84

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking for a little help. I've been away from the game for about 6 years and I'm returning this season. The league is strictly a one piece single wall metal bar league with a pretty strict list. We is 52/300 balls. I'm looking to possibly pick up a bat before the season begins and looking for some input from those that have used any of these. I've narrowed my choices to the Anderson Flex, Demarini Ultimate Weapon and Demarini Windy City. I've swung the UW before but that was an about 15 years ago. In the past I've liked a little end load so I think that brings the Windy City up a notch. I was also looking into the Easton Raw L9 but I'm on a budget and haven't found one in my price range. Trying to stay under $200.
Any help is much appreciated

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Windy city bats are heavy, nothing less than 32 oz i beleive.. not sure about the flex but the ultimate weapon is a very popular choice, there is also the easton ronin

Last edited:

TMike84

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks, I didn't pay attention to the weights. That definitely takes the Windy City of the table. I dug a little deeper and saw that the added end load to the UW starting back in 2018 maybe?

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes they are advertised as endload now, from about 2018 sounds right. Current model are around $149 niw

TMike84

Addicted to Softballfans
A lot of old bats are gtg. I feel they're harder to find. I am going to see what I can do with the list. The list gtg for all, gtg for older players and the no gtg bats. I'll try to just copy the list of gtg

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
They are harder to find, there are some older uw floating around.. the old Anderson stuff is definitely harder to find. I was looking for a 26oz nano but no luck so when the 27oz that i have now popped up i snatched it.
When you figure out exactly what you want post in the ltb forum for what you're looking for.

As mentioned prior the latest versions of uw are not bad at all for $150 niw

TMike84

Addicted to Softballfans
They are harder to find, there are some older uw floating around.. the old Anderson stuff is definitely harder to find. I was looking for a 26oz nano but no luck so when the 27oz that i have now popped up i snatched it.
When you figure out exactly what you want post in the ltb forum for what you're looking for.

As mentioned prior the latest versions of uw are not bad at all for $150 niw

Thanks man. I found the 2020 Flex for $99 NIW and I know the UW is $150. Might grab both and see how I like them.
I'm trying to get the list uploaded but it's a pdf and I want to condense it as much as I can for the forum

MAT25MAT

Addicted to Softballfans
What about c-core? Sometime they are let in when the zcore isn’t legal. Basically the same bat

TMike84

Addicted to Softballfans
Here's the list of approved bats, this is the list as of last season. My apologies for the format, it was a pdf and I couldn't figure out how to edit it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210307-134605~2.png
    Screenshot_20210307-134605~2.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20210307-134631~2.png
    Screenshot_20210307-134631~2.png
    167.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20210307-134643~2.png
    Screenshot_20210307-134643~2.png
    156.2 KB · Views: 22

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
If you're hitting .52/300s it probably won't matter what you swing, so I wouldn't bother buying new. I've never been stuck having to use singlewalls, but of that list I'd recommend:

- Anything Anderson
- Demarini Ultimate Weapon
- either of the Easton Redlines
- Jacoby (potentially not quite as durable as some of the others)
- Plenty of good Louisville Sluggers: C405 Androff, Ritch's Superior
- Worth: Powercell or Team Lighthouse

I'd imagine you'd be able to find something either on the forums here or on the popular auction site for reasonably cheap. Spend the rest of the budget on beer for liquid strength you'll need to hit properly.

BigShep

Who's Your Daddy!
If you're hitting .52/300s it probably won't matter what you swing, so I wouldn't bother buying new. I've never been stuck having to use singlewalls, but of that list I'd recommend:

- Anything Anderson
- Demarini Ultimate Weapon
- either of the Easton Redlines
- Jacoby (potentially not quite as durable as some of the others)
- Plenty of good Louisville Sluggers: C405 Androff, Ritch's Superior
- Worth: Powercell or Team Lighthouse

I'd imagine you'd be able to find something either on the forums here or on the popular auction site for reasonably cheap. Spend the rest of the budget on beer for liquid strength you'll need to hit properly.