Benefit tournament?

zaner1010

Addicted to Softballfans
A friend of mine just lost his wife in a car wreck, and his daughter is having to have numerous reconstructive surgeries. I am wanting to throw a benefit tournament for the family and was wanting to get some feedback from you guys. Thinking about a 150 entry for 3 homeruns and 25 extra for unlimited. Don't know if I should give money back to the winner, or give away a large trophy or something. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

BORCH94

Addicted to Softballfans
You could giveaway donated prizes to the winner so all the money is used to help the daughter. Thoughts and best wishes.

Last edited:

DBO20

Addicted to Softballfans
$165 entry fee and unlimited homeruns with every homerun costing $1. We do that all the time and it works great!!! Just collect after each game for homeruns. Find a donated prize to give out to 1st place, no $$$. Maybe find a restaurant to do 12 dinner for two coupons for the winners.

DBO20

Addicted to Softballfans
I just threw a tournament for a fellow softballer that tore his arm up pretty bad. We raised $450 in just homeruns by doing the unlimited with $1 per homerun. Teams usually don't want much or anything at all in return for winning, whenever it is for a good cause. Raised around $2k I believe all in all. With raffles, entry fees and homerun $$$$.

dave2130

Addicted to Softballfans
i helped put on a benefit tourney at the end of OCT for my buddy... raised 4K.... send me a PM with your email address and I will should you an email detailing what we did