Benefit tournament?

zaner1010

Addicted to Softballfans
A friend of mine just lost his wife in a car wreck, and his daughter is having to have numerous reconstructive surgeries. I am wanting to throw a benefit tournament for the family and was wanting to get some feedback from you guys. Thinking about a 150 entry for 3 homeruns and 25 extra for unlimited. Don't know if I should give money back to the winner, or give away a large trophy or something. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

IKnowNothing

Addicted to Softballfans
I think 150 is very reasonable and if its a benefit tourney, no need to give money back. Maybe a plaque or a bat (if someone will give you a deal).

I don't like being able to buy an unlimited number of homeruns - it can make games take forever. Maybe sell additional homeruns for $5 each, with a max of 5 additional homeruns.

Let me know if you get it together, I'll try and pull a squad together if I am available.

jward33

Ask around here..to see if someone can donate stuff for your tourney...then give ALL $$u to family! Prizes r better for the winning.team

dmoser25

Extra Hitter
This sounds great,in all the benefit tourny's i have played in,we either got medium size plaques or T-shirts. Definitely give all monies to the family and maybe sell some hotdogs and burgers. Sorry for this circustance but good luck.

zaner1010

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for all the input guys. Gonna try and have all the details worked out by the end of the week and I will start a new thread. Where are you located Iknownothing?

Moore34

Remember. KCCO.
I would be interested as well Iknownothing, since i live right off i20 in villa rica.. would be nice to visit bama and play. never been lol