Best Aluminum bat out?

mattgame

Manager
I know, I know, but I never had to buy aluminum before. Please help a brother before I waste my money on trash. I like endloaded.....

kj13

Addicted to Softballfans
The new salvo double wall is nice and the new salvo single is good too . Just depends on what u can use . Also can't go wrong with any of the white steels

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Anderson RT is pretty solid and has a decent EL. You can go wrong with anything from Anderson.... I also have an old Demarini F3 that hits the ball pretty well, but its bal, and has a bunch of waves and and tiny cracks up at the end cap and I haven't put many swings on it so its pretty frail.

tomdonohue1

Vandelay Industries
Suprisingly they said it can be multi wall.

In that case, I really like the Louisville Slugger XXL's. I have the Dynasty XXL, had the CU31 XXL, and both killed the ball.

Demarini doublewalls are great too, and so are the Raw & White Steels, but those are singlewall

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
Anderson RocketTech, TechZilla, NanoTek
Demarini F2,F3,F4,F5, White Steel, Raw Steel
Easton Connexion ST1-Z, ST2-Z
Louisiville Slugger TPS XXL Response SB404 (if allowed), TPS H2 XXL Hybrid
Worth PST B&G, PST R&B, PST Xtra
Worth EST SSEST

Last edited:

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
What ball are you hitting? The fragile argument goes out the window with 52/300's.

97, 98, 99 DDW look for extreme on the weight sticker for end load.
White Steel any of them, don't get too caught up in which year
Techzilla odd weights in earlier years, FK can provide more detail
Rocket Tech odd weights in earlier years, 11" barrel so small but rewarding sweet spot
SSEST up to 2000 (I have no experience with the later ones, they may be fine)
PST they have a tiny sweetspot and a lot of variations, some not as end loaded, watch out for taper dings.

mattgame

Manager
The ball we used last year were sb12s. I dont know if they changed that too yet. I may go with a white steel someone is offering me though. I used to have a black one but sold it as it seemed to take forever to break in.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
What ball are you hitting? The fragile argument goes out the window with 52/300's.

97, 98, 99 DDW look for extreme on the weight sticker for end load.
White Steel any of them, don't get too caught up in which year
Techzilla odd weights in earlier years, FK can provide more detail
Rocket Tech odd weights in earlier years, 11" barrel so small but rewarding sweet spot
SSEST up to 2000 (I have no experience with the later ones, they may be fine)
PST they have a tiny sweetspot and a lot of variations, some not as end loaded, watch out for taper dings.

Just to clarify, yeah, any Techzilla is good. They never made them in 26, so your only options are 27, 28, 29, or 30.

As for the RocketTech, it's got a 12 inch barrel.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
The ball we used last year were sb12s. I dont know if they changed that too yet. I may go with a white steel someone is offering me though. I used to have a black one but sold it as it seemed to take forever to break in.

White Steels do not break in. They are ready to go right out of the wrapper. No singlewall bat has a break in period.

All depends on the bat rule. Techzilla Reborn was a good one as was the Rockettech Reloaded. If the rule is just metal barrel, the Demarini Dark is great if you can find one. Of current bats, the TPS H2 is a great one, but it's a half and half. It was legal in all the "metal only" leagues/tournaments I played in.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
All depends on the bat rule. Techzilla Reborn was a good one as was the Rockettech Reloaded. If the rule is just metal barrel, the Demarini Dark is great if you can find one. Of current bats, the TPS H2 is a great one, but it's a half and half. It was legal in all the "metal only" leagues/tournaments I played in.

Yeah, is it only ASA bats, OP? If so, then the Reborn, Reloaded, and Dark wouldn't be allowed.

Seven, did you mean to say the H2 was illegal?

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Just to clarify, yeah, any Techzilla is good. They never made them in 26, so your only options are 27, 28, 29, or 30.

As for the RocketTech, it's got a 12 inch barrel.

Thought the odd weights had more end load in the earlier years? They must count every bit of the end cap and round up to get 12" or I'm thinking of another bat I've had.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
Thought the odd weights had more end load in the earlier years? They must count every bit of the end cap and round up to get 12" or I'm thinking of another bat I've had.

Yup, the odd weights have more EL.

LOL, not sure about the endcap and rounding up and all that. I just know that the RT has a 12 inch barrel. Maybe it is a different bat you're thinking about. :p

Yeah, is it only ASA bats, OP? If so, then the Reborn, Reloaded, and Dark wouldn't be allowed.

Seven, did you mean to say the H2 was illegal?

He just stated "aluminum". No association mentioned.

The H2 has been GTG on all "metal only" formats I've played in. It's a nice bat, and even has an ASA version.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
He just stated "aluminum". No association mentioned.

The H2 has been GTG on all "metal only" formats I've played in. It's a nice bat, and even has an ASA version.

Ah ok. Then the Reloaded, Reborn, and Dark should be GTG.

RRREALLY? H2 is gtg in an all metal league? LOL. Interesting..... maybe because it's a seamless one-piece? In other words, it's hard to tell where the composite handle ends and the metal barrel begins?

mattgame

Manager
Yeah my team manager said aluminum and single, double, and multi walls are allowed. I'm assuming it's ASA only but I have to check.