Best areas to live in Houston?

jbe_17

Star Player
Thats a good question. The short time I lived down there, seem to always be something going on. Police cars here, robbery there, shooting over there, etc. I guess I just like the fact that my kids can go outside and play in the yard. That couldn't have happened where we lived (The Mark). Closest park was the one by Transco tower. Where I live now my kids' friends come over and we play baseball and we don't have to leave our house. Not too many places inside the loop where that can happen. I'm also biased because I grew up in a small town (same exact one about 5 miles from where i live now) and its kind of nice that the people I grew up with our kids play together now. I guess I am just a small minded, small town person...and will always be.

UHCoog1

Addicted to Softballfans
Well for one....the schools are TERRIBLE.

Schools near me arent terrible. Lamar High School and its feeders are all good schools as is Bellaire. If you live in a decent spot inside the loops the schools are fine. If the schools aren't good enough open up the wallet and send the kids to St Johns or Episcopal.

Mason4208

Come down to the Friendswood, League City, Clear Lake area. Plenty of parks, great school district. Your average movie scene "suburbs". Bld is a hop skip and a jump away.