Best Asa bat today?

gsus03

Banned User
I have swung/owned about every single Pre abi bat there is. And a good bit of post abi.
RUSH98, f98, may98, m7598, SCX3. SCN3, Plasma fusion, M798, Phenix 34/26, One.12, SCN5/7/8/9(yes the scn7 unicorn), AntiVirus, Reap2, Melee, Triton, Nexus, Shrek Catty, Crush, Juggy 1st, craze, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc and on and on. Seriously I have owned and swung them all.
RUSH98/Freak 98 hands down hottest ASA bats you can get. but take a TON to break in. BTW- 27oz RUSH98 seem to be the hotties. Had a couple 26ozers and they weren't as hot. A 28 I had was close. But I have had 2 27's, still have one, just stupid!!
The Reap2, scn3, scx3 VERY close.

I will be honest. I haven't swung many of the new batch of bats. But I really think there are gonna be durability issues with the new bats and old balls, 44/375. So until they switch to new balls. RUSH98, can't go wrong!!

although was stated previously, I will allow for it bc it is the truth...end of story!

irishblood9

Stay Gold, Ponyboy!
I also have a Rush98 and like it but if you can find a 34/25 Plasma Fusion FP bat jump all over it. Hands down one of the best kept secrets in softball. I have two and they both weigh a little over 26. I've heard they are the same bat but a little lighter but for whatever reason seem to get hotter way faster. And of course they last forever.

Fortin151

Extra Hitter
OG white toxic 98. You can tell its first batch by the size of the serial mumbers. If the numbers are under the grip and about half inch this bat will be sick. I have about 4,000 swings on mine and they have good durability and for the past 1500 swings its been putting them into the jet stream. It takes awhile to break in if you dont take alot of BP or play several times a week. Ive had several and they all take about 1,200 cuts.With 375s. Not sure if you wanna break it in with 400 or better balls. I did with one and broke it fairly quick after it broke in.
Still passes ASA 1500 compression test and feels like a senior bat. Effortless.
Balls jump better then a shaved usssa bat my frined has.
As good as my flat sticker freak98
Better then my beloved mutant
Better then the orange and grey Salvo which test at 800.
The toxic will pass forever ,last forever and smash for a long long time.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
OG white toxic 98. You can tell its first batch by the size of the serial mumbers. If the numbers are under the grip and about half inch this bat will be sick. I have about 4,000 swings on mine and they have good durability and for the past 1500 swings its been putting them into the jet stream. It takes awhile to break in if you dont take alot of BP or play several times a week. Ive had several and they all take about 1,200 cuts.With 375s. Not sure if you wanna break it in with 400 or better balls. I did with one and broke it fairly quick after it broke in.
Still passes ASA 1500 compression test and feels like a senior bat. Effortless.
Balls jump better then a shaved usssa bat my frined has.
As good as my flat sticker freak98
Better then my beloved mutant
Better then the orange and grey Salvo which test at 800.
The toxic will pass forever ,last forever and smash for a long long time.

Put more hits on that Freak98 then.

Fortin151

Extra Hitter
Put more hits on that Freak98 then.

Freak 98 has recently reached its max output. Now it is cracked. The Toxic is still better, ball goes further no matter what ball. And still happy and kicking. Its on its last leg but the most fun bat I have ever had. Yes Ever. STRIGHT BOMBS.
The freak had 2,500 on it. My Toxic has well over 4000. I know im not a cool super poster here on softball fans but my personal opinion is for the price, the Toxic is sick. Especially the first batch White Toxic.

gsus03

Banned User
I would love to see some BP video of this white toxic and f98 head to head. I agree the white toxic is a really good stick once broken in, hell they stopped making them fast after they were getting too hot. I hate worth and that white toxic is the only one I ever liked...BUT, my boy had a 27oz flat sticker f98 that we swung for a while and once it got a rattle it was DUMB. Might as well had been shaved honestly just a boom stick and then wen it got a crack it got hotter and we just swung it on the other side. BP we used white balls with blue seams can't remember the name or compression, and it killed the 44/375 in league games. I would have put it up against my first og cartel that was the best usssa bat I ever swung. To each their own but if you do have as many hits on that f98 that u say u do and it is indeed cracked, I'd love to see those bats go head to head in bp

J-Bonez

Starting Player
I just scored the ASA 454 Jeff Hall Reload. I loved the feel of the Orange Worth Resmondo 454, so when looking for a new ASA bat I went with this. Supposed to be hot out the wrapper but we will soon see (fingers crossed).

Addicted to Softballfans
My gamer is a 27oz RD28, its broke in and mashes the .44/375's and the .52/300's. Just picked up a 26oz CF3 and a 27oz J3A. Looking to pick up a 27oz Fu Dawg. Can't wait for it to warm up and test these new bats against the RD28 but with these cold South Dakota temps, that won't be until March or April. Swing whatever you have that's broke in and your gamer, if it did well against the .44/375 it will still do well against the .52/300.

gsus03

Banned User
Would love to hear the comparison between the rd28 and fu dawg against different types of balls. If u don't mind PM once you post the review so I don't miss it

mattdurbin76

Extra Hitter
What do you all think about the Worth 2013 Mayhem SBMBJA BJ Fulk ASA slowpitch softball bat is it good for mush balls and is the durability good

My experience:

1) Worth Mayhem OG May98
2) OG Easton Synergy SCX22(banned)
3) COMbat Derby Boys
4) Easton Synergy SRV3
5) TPS Z1000 (2012)

JMac8582

Addicted to Softballfans
So people are still saying the old ASA bats are better than the ASA only sticks? The new Ultra is stupid... I guess we can never tell how long they will last.

Thunder_Stick

Addicted to Softballfans
Although I did play in a tourney (BLD) and saw a dude smashing with the new Miken ASA Ultra, took the wrapper off and about 70 swings later it was in two pieces. But from stroke one it was lights out.

kweiss

Addicted to Softballfans
Having swung or owned basically all the big name pre-ABIs from the ASA golden age (SCN3, SCX3, SCN8, SCN9, Freak98, NRG500, Recoil 250 and 180, Juggy, AV, May98, JH98, White Toxic) as well as a few new standards I can give a few impressions:

-All pre-ABIs are within a few feet from eachother. You will get the most distance out of the one whose swing weight fits you the best.
-The SCN3 has the biggest sweetspot, which IMO is why people think it has the most distance.
-On average, the Recoil Maxloads are the most durable bats ever made.
-The 1st batch White Toxic is the most underrated ASA bat ever and actually does hang with SCX3s and the like, but good luck finding a first batch. They're seems to be almost no rhyme or reason to which are fire and which are duds.
-Good new standards are a few feet behind the really broken in pre-ABIs, but it really isn't very noticeable. The biggest difference between them and the pre-ABIs is that pre-ABIs have about triple the durability.

Wheels33

Coach
I have to agree with the White Toxic, but surprise no one said anything about the Fury. I will always put the Fury in in the bag for ASA games for now on! But I also swing the Toxic and Craze in ASA. Good bats when well broken in. All very underrated bats!