Best ASA stamped bat that isnt Ultra2

dmandlo

Addicted to Softballfans
I play in an asa league that allows us to use any bat that has a recognizable
ASA stamp. I have one Ultra 2 and am looking to get a backup. What would your choice be?????? Thanks for the input. Oh add price into the options. I dont have the ability to go out and grab OG's of all kinds.

Last edited:

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
1st batch synergy, OG freak, synergy 2, 2nd batch synergy, lady virus. Just check out the banned page on ASAs website to see illegal bats that have the stamp to get an idea

dmandlo

Addicted to Softballfans
I think Synergy 2 are banned. Dont ask me why we can use U2,Freak and OG Synergy and not that.

andyschwing

Schwing batter batter!
1st batch synergy, OG freak, synergy 2, 2nd batch synergy, lady virus. Just check out the banned page on ASAs website to see illegal bats that have the stamp to get an idea

The bats you listed would be good, but do you really think those banned worth metals are any good? If you look at the sbf bat reviews, I dont think any of them have that good of a score. I mean, I think most people would swing a flex, ext, recoil, og crush, og AV, Juggy, etc before those.

andyschwing

Schwing batter batter!
If you can find a Titanium bat they were just gross and I believe they had some with the ASA stamp

Titanium is not always better as the following study shows:

"*In 1993 Easton, Worth and Louisville Slugger each introduced titanium softball bats (Worth had kept theirs under wraps for several years because they knew it would radically change the game and only released it when Easton did). At the time titanium bats were introduced, the best single-wall aluminum bats were performing around 93-94mph, so when the titanium bats with batted-ball speeds between 100-103mph entered the game they made an immediate impact. In fact, titanium bats were so much hotter than anything else available that they were quickly banned by all governing organizations within three months of their introduction.
*Composite bats actually cover the entire range of performance. The early ones (which were not tested in this study) performed like an average single-walled aluminum bat. There is a group of recent composite models which compete in performance with the best double-walled aluminum slow-pitch softball bats, having batted-ball speeds between 96-100mph.
*And then there is a select group of super high performance composite slow-pitch softball bats, including the famous Miken Ultra, which are capable of producing batted ball speeds in excess of 105mph."

http://www.acs.psu.edu/drussell/bats/compalum.html

I think the people who used the titanium bats think they were so much better than the composite bats we use now is because they were so much better than the aluminum alternatives at the time, not to mention the balls used back then were much harder than what we use now.

t7chas

Forgot my cup
Just get another Ultra 2.

This is probably the best answer if you have a couple benjamins. If you aren't a masher and play in warm weather, try a SB34 Genesis. 1st batch synergy also good, but will run the 200+ until next year. Lady Virus also a good bet if you can adjust for the shorter barrel.

At least your league is afe now that they banned the syn2 :rolleyes:

pflo

Manager
if you can find an sb73 voltage, there very good but not durable enough for a team bat. If your the only one swinging it, your gtg

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
If you're looking for cheap, the Mizuno Crush is a good bat that I REALLY like. I used one as my NSA gamer one year and wasn't at a disadvantage.